the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Ford Focus and Avital 5105L

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xesvuli420 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2020 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
Damn, I guess I dont.. I thought it plugged into the avitals black port, which I assumed was D2D. it doesnt, and isnt. I guess this only connects fortin to fortin. I guess its back to W2W than.
xesvuli420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2020 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
Damn, I guess I dont.. I thought it plugged into the avitals black port, which I assumed was D2D. it doesnt, and isnt. I guess this only connects fortin to fortin. I guess its back to W2W then.
I updated the options in the flashlink to F1 Fortin Protocol, and also the sheet to reflect going back to W2W, could you give it a look and make sure Im understanding you correctly. leave the white wire alone, and hook the other 3 to the avital harnesses.
PDF
EXCEL
Thanks again!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2020 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
A few minor things on the PDF file.
Typo on the pin numbers for where the EVO-ALL 4 Pin plug Red and Black wires go to. +12V constant goes to Avital Red at Pin 3 and Black goes to Pin 1. The Blue wire on that Avital 4 Pin plug is not used. You will connect Avital Status Output to the Dark Blue wire at Pin A8. It's shown as a dashed line.
I would combine all the Avital +12V input wires into one wire fused at 30 Amps and connect that one wire to the 12V source.
Ensure that the Avital Parking Light jumper is present and set to (+). It should come that way as a default.
Being as you are going W2W it really doesn't matter whether the EVO-ALL is flashed with F3 set. The EVO-ALL will see no data on the 4 Pin plug data wires and the GWR wire in use and go W2W.
Soldering is fun!
xesvuli420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2020 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
Thank you! All those have been corrected!
Thanks to you, I believe I have enough now to start on the bench prep. Again I really appreciate you helping me get to this point. I will say that the progress to this point definitely has offered a ton to learn. Im grateful for my knew knowledge and cant wait to see how it pays off on the actual install.
I'll probabaly start cutting wires and taping up everything tomorrow. Ill be back to post up an update soon.
As always, My sincerest appreciation for all of you!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
A few minor things on the PDF file.
EVO-ALL 20 Pin harness, Pin A8 is GWR and should be noted as going to Avital Status Output. Avital 24 Pin, Pin 12 Tach should be noted as Any Injector, non-common color wire ( not GROUND ).
There might be some programming to be done on the Avital ( double Unlock if GEM needs it ), plus a Tach Learn, etc.
Soldering is fun!
xesvuli420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2020 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
Good catch, I was so tired last night I sure forgot to fix the Fortin a8 row, I appreciate the eagle eye!
Ok maybe NOW its correct lol.
Thank you
kreg357 
Posted: August 22, 2020 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Being as you are not using the Avitals Blue/White 2nd Status wire, with a bit of testing and some programing, you can add the convenience of turning on the Rear Defrost during a R/S. Here is the wire info from two sources :
Rear Defrost            GREEN/BLUE (-)   AT DEFROST SWITCH
Rear Defroster             black/green (-) latched        @ GEM behind glove box, brown 23 pin plug, pin 15
Use you Digital Multi Meter set to 20 VDC with Red lead to +12V constant and Black test lead to either wire. Turn on the Rear Defrost. If it's "latched" you will get +12V on the DMM for the entire Defrost run time. If it's a single pulse, then +12V when the button is pressed. Set the Avital programming accordingly and make the wire connection.
For the Dome Light Supervision, try the wire listed below instead of a door trigger wire.
Dome Light     black/blue (-)      GEM behind glove box, gray 23 pin plug, pin 3
Soldering is fun!
xesvuli420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2020 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
Man that sounds like a great tip!
Unfortunately this focus is only going to be used when going on long multi-week roadtrips, and I use the rear as my motel room. If it gets too cold at night to sleep comfortably, or vice versa when its hot, Its great to wake up and be able to simply reach over and hit the remote start, and in a few minutes all is well and comfortable again for a few more hours. As you can imagine though, when you're sleeping in the car the windows stay defrosted even if you're in bomb cyclone lol. The rest of the time it will sit in my driveway and wont be used. I have an RS for my "daily", and a SportTrac for when I need to go to "work". That feature would 100% be beneficial on my truck. Most likely if i'm remote starting it, its because I'm inside and it is not. Although my first 10,000 mile road trip was in the RS, I think the SE Wagon will take on that job going further. Once I finish this job successfully, you had best believe the SportTrac will get an R/S as well. The RS however sleeps inside every night, so It will probably remain stock.
So either way I appreciate that tip, I'm sure I will use it on the next one!
Also, I found this to be the best diagram for waking up the GEM. Its from an 05 ff wagon, but all the other diagrams I came across were for other fords, and not the focus. Do you see any issues with it?
2003 Ford Focus and Avital 5105L - Page 3 -- posted image.
Won't be long now, I'm getting excited!
Thanks yet again!
kreg357 
Posted: August 22, 2020 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Some info states that the GEM wakeup pulse to the Black/Green Drivers Door Unlock must come first so a Double Unlock Pulse might be required. Testing will tell.
Soldering is fun!
xesvuli420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2020 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
That’s what I’m getting too. Setting the alarm to double pulse will be done while programming though correct?
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic