the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5806V Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itolond 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2020 at 5:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itolond
Hi and thanks- the Viper Shutdown Diagnostics you refer to - how to access- XK loader 3 - of so what modules?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2020 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I haven't upgraded to the XKLoader3 yet. I still use the BitWriter. Here is the Shutdown Diagnostics routine :
Viper 5806V Alarm/Remote Start - Page 4 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
itolond 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2020 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itolond
Did a diagnostic - an yes it indicates low or no RPM - suspected as such
more investigation needed
itolond 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2020 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itolond
Few things based on investigation thus far... I am getting 3 led flashes from control = No or Low RPM, I can confirm the instrument panel is showing RPM correctly.
So may take there are a few things which are worthy of a deeper dive:
  1. Learning routine - VIPER: If this is not working or not detecting then this would result similar issues- whilst I have run the process and al seems ok - is there a way of confirming this ti be the case - either by Bitwriter, RF control or XKloader?
  2. Cranking delay - DSL1E tacho electronics: on cranking the instrument panel divert power for crank - I am wondering if this delay (pause) in reporting RPM is potentially the source of the issue and if so can i program a delay into Viper to compensate?
any thoughts or guides are welcome
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2020 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Setting the Viper to a 15 second delay ( Menu 3, Item 9 to Option 2 ) won't hurt the vehicle. That will eliminate that possible issue.
In Tach Mode the Viper will output a (+)Starter signal until the engine RPM's reach a certain level based on the Tach Learn and then turn off the Starter output. After a bit the Viper will check the Tach signal to see if it is OK. If too low it will shutdown everything, wait a second or so and try again with added time to the Starter output. After three unsuccessful attempts, it gives up.
You can try doing the Tach Learn Process with the engine under load ( slowest possible RPM ) and see if that helps. You could go the other way and add RPM's via the accelerator pedal and get a Tach Learn at a higher RPM and see if that helps. Last resort, find another Tach source that is better or use the Directed 454T module. Diesels are tough without Spark plugs or electric F.I.'s. Cam Timing sensors can be used if available.
Soldering is fun!
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2020 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Try a different output on the Dakota DSL-1 for the viper pur/wht tach wire. Don't piggy-back onto the same output you are using for the dashboard tach. The Viper should be able to learn any of the DSL-1 outputs. I'd try the OUT 3 "half speed" output.
If the Viper pur/wht is connected to the "W" terminal on the alternator, this will not work. The Viper can not recognize a sine-wave signal, which is what the W output is. Use one of the outputs on the DSL-1.
itolond 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itolond
RESOLVED I changed the power from accessory 12VDC (+) to IGN 12VDC (+) to the Dakota Digital DSL1E. Now RS it works just fine. It was the automated power down from the DSL1E for cranking which created the no-low RPM error.
thanks for al your support
Page of 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic