the12volt.com spacer
icon

Trunk Release Problem, 2015 Kia Forte5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mickb24 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2021 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mickb24
I only see these 2 wires from the APS687TWE that note anything to do with the Disarm/Antitheft
14 Black w/ Light Green trace Wire: Pulsed Ground Output After Start The Black w/ Light Green Trace wire will provide a 1 second 300mA pulsed ground output after the vehicle is started under control of the remote start unit. Typically this wire will be used to re-lock the vehicle doors if the doors unlock automatically when the factory anti-theft system is disarmed. This wire will also activate when the transmitter is used to arm/lock the system. This output can be selected to operate in a number of different configurations as shown in selectable feature # 21 of Bank 3.
15 Black w Blue trace Wire: Pulsed Ground Output Before Start The Black w/ Blue Trace wire will provide a 1 second 300 mA pulsed ground output 500mS before GWR becomes active as well as when the transmitter is used to disarm the system. Typical use for this output would be to disarm a factory theft deterrent system to prevent false triggering of the factory alarm when the remote start unit engages or when the system is used to unlock the doors. This will also activate when the transmitter is used to disarm/unlock the system. NOTE: This output can be selected to operate like the door unlock output as set in alarm feature setting #1 by selecting feature #19 in Bank 3 for 2 Chirps or any other pulse timing shown for that feature selection.
Currently I am utilizing the 16 Black W/Red Trace on the drivers door pin to shutdown lights after Autolights/Parking Lights after shutdown. 16 Black w/ Red trace Wire: Pulsed Ground Output After Shutdown The Black w/ Red Trace wire will provide a 1 second 300 mA pulsed ground output 2 seconds after the remote starts GWR wire shuts down. This output will occur regardless of whether the circuit times out or is manually terminated. Typically this output will be used to re-lock the vehicle doors if the doors unlock automatically when the ignition circuit transitions to off. This output is selectable and can function as described in feature selection of bank 3 feature #22
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2021 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
So for door locks,
Power Lock             pink/black     -     dash fuse box, white 32 pin plug (D), pin 12   PRESTIGE RED       
Power Unlock             yellow/black     -     dash fuse box, white 32 pin plug (D), pin 3   PRESTIGE GREEN
Factory Alarm Arm     yellow              -     dash fuse box, white 32 pin plug (D), pin 14   PRESTIGE BLACK/GREEN       
Factory Alarm Disarm     pink        double -     dash fuse box, white 32 pin plug (D), pin 17 PRESTIGE BLACK/BLUE
Set Unlock to Double Pulse: Door U/L Feature to 500msL/DBL U/L.
Set Pulse Before start/Disarm: Set the Alt O/P Before Start feature to 500mS.
This ensures that there is a disarm pulse before the (second) unlock pulse. First Unlock pulse occurs with disarm and will be ignored by the car.
Double - refers to a double negative pulse. No need to set disarm to double pulse if you configure as above.
Lectric Guy
mickb24 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2021 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mickb24
Just tested, the car Does have an alarm, locked the door with OEM fob, took the dog for a walk came back and opened the door, the alarm did go off.
mickb24 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2021 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mickb24
lectricguy
Thank you so much for taking the time to read through the Prestige I.M and posting all that information.
I`m going to get on it this morning.
Once again, Thank you.
mickb24 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2021 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mickb24
Well I installed the wires and programmed the R.S as described, everything works now with the aftermarket transmitters, including the auto mirrors and trunk release.
I have a new found respect for you guys.
Thank you and I appreciate the help and support.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2021 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
I'm glad to help...Hope you enjoy the install!
Cheers!
Lectric Guy
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic