the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar CM7200 Remote Starter, 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
petexv 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2021 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote petexv
The remotes do not operate lock or unlock. They are not pairing with CM7200.
petexv
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2021 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Well, we should be able to get the remotes to pair with the CM7200-s controller. Like I said, I do it on the bench, prior to system install. All the CM7200-s needs is +12V applied to the two +12V fused input wires on CN1. These are thick Red and Red/White wires. The Black wire on CN1 needs Chassis Ground. I use a +12V power supply from an old laptop that outputs +12V DC at 1.5 Amps. You could use the cars battery to supply the +12V DC and Chassis Ground. The antenna harness needs to be plugged into the correct Blue port and the antenna plugged in to the other end of the harness. Next the thick Green IGN1 wire needs to be briefly touched to +12V 4 times and the 5th time remain connected to +12V. This has to happen within 7 seconds. When done successfully you will hear a relay click inside of the CM7200-s. Quickly press Lock on each remote. You will hear the CM7200-s internal relay click each time. After a few seconds the Relay will click again signaling the end of the remote pairing sequence. At this point you can remove +12V from the Green IGN1 wire. As a test, you can now press the Lock or Unlock button on the remotes and hear the internal relay click once or twice.
I have created a video of this process but it is almost 40 meg and I can't upload it. Think there is a 5 meg limit. You can PM me if you want me to send it to you.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2021 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
When you connect the CM7200-s to the ADS USB cable and fire-up the Compustar WEB site and login to Flash, the program should recognize the CM7200-s and the Blade-AL cartridge. If the CM7200-s firmware was out of date you would be prompted by the program to Update that firmware. The current Version is 3.65. There should be two boxes, one for Blade-AL bypass module and one for the CM7200-s. We really don't have to worry too much about the CM7200-s and it's firmware, just be aware that you can click on the CM7200-s box "Configure my Starter" and change the programmable options, if needed. This is easier than making the changes via the remotes.   The Blade-AL and its' firmware are the important thing. You select the firmware by selecting the car and then flash the firmware on to the Blade-AL cartridge. For your car it's BLADE-AL(DL)-SUB2. This only has to be done once.
So, sequentially, we connect the CM7200-s to the ADS USB cable and check to see if the CM7200-s needs an update to its' firmware then we flash the Blade-AL with the BLADE-AL(DL)-SUB2 firmware. At this point we can make changes to the options of the Blade-AL bypass module if needed, like Unlock all doors with the first pulse, etc. Next we disconnect the CM7200-s w/Blade from the ADS USB cable and plug in the necessary harnesses and connect everything to the car. I do this hot and just pull the CM7200-s fuses. Once everything is all connected, I insert the fuses and start the Blade-AL to vehicle programming process. In the case of your car it's a multi-part process due to KLON.   The first 6 steps allow the Blade-AL to capture the transponder data and verify the CAN connection. Step 7 uploads this transponder info, this data gets massaged and downloaded back to the Blade-AL cartridge in a format that it uses during a R/S to fool the car. The last programming steps verify the downloaded info. At this point the CM7200-s remote should work and control the locks. If the Subie does not have "one touch" starting, I would run in Tach Mode. With Tach Mode you must do the Tach Learn process before you try a remote start.
So as far as connections to the car...
Follow the Blade-AL Type 1 diagram for all the Blade 20 Pin connections. One wire goes to Chassis Ground so you can just tie that in to the CN1 Black wire that also goes to Chassis Ground. Two Blade wires get joined together and then on to the cut IMMO DATA wire. Another Blade wire gets tied into the CM7200-s Green IGN1 wire which goes to the ECU plug C pin 6.
The CM7200-s only has a few wire connections as follows :
CN1-8 Black to Chassis Ground along with the Blade Blue/Red wire.
CN1-7 Green to ECU Plug C, Pin 6 along with Blade Pink wire.
CN1-6 Yellow to ECU Plug A, Pin 7
CN1-5 Blue to ECU Plug A, Pin 9
CN1-4 White to ECU Plug C, Pin 4
CN1-3 Red/White to CN1-1 Red
CN1-2 Green/White - not used
CN1-1 Red fuse to 15 Amps connect to WHITE (40A)   @ RELAY HOLDER TO THE RIGHT OF THE DASH FUSE BOX WHITE 20 PIN CONN, PIN 8
CN3 in not used at all.
CN4 is the Blade connector - follow the Type 1 diagram
CN5-16 Gray/Black to kit supplied Hood Pin
That's it except for the antenna and either CN9 or CN10.
Soldering is fun!
petexv 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2021 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote petexv
When I try to pair remotes according to your instructions, the Blade-AL blinks Red each time I touch the Green wire to 12V and stays on with the 5th clamp to 12V. The CM7200 clicks once and as soon as I touch the lock on the first remote, the CM7200 clicks twice indicating that it is exiting the procedure. So I tried this a few more times disconnecting the power in between each try and received the same results. I did try one remote after pairing it to see if it lock the door,but it didn´t work.
I have all the wires for CN1 connected as you describe.
The Blade-AL CN4 wires as described in Type 1 diagram. I have checked these several times
CN5 wired 16 Gray/Black to Yellow/Black Factory Remote Hood pin. I checked this wire to be sure it is grounding with hood open.
The CM7200 Green wire is cut and all jumpers are set as default settings.
I feel like the only option left is to try a new CM7200
petexv
kreg357 
Posted: March 08, 2021 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Are these 6 pin blue antenna harness connectors or the 4 pin harness?
Soldering is fun!
petexv 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2021 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote petexv
The antenna is a Compustar ANT-2WSS 2way communication which is 4 pin connector.
petexv
petexv 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2021 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote petexv
Just thought I would give an update.
I ordered a new CM7200 and paired my remotes(Compustar 2WT10R-SS) to it with no problem before installation. Everything worked the way kreg357 suggested.
Reflashed Blade Al according to instructions and everything worked fine.
Car has been starting for several weeks with no problems.
Thanks kreg357 for all your help.
petexv
kreg357 
Posted: April 05, 2021 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Thanks for the update. I have heard of the CM7x00 units getting damaged and having issues with remotes if both style antenna connectors ( 4 and 6 pin ) are both plugged in. This didn't happen in your case so it was the rare defective Compustar controller.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic