the12volt.com spacer
icon

Ultra Start UT1150 Lights Not Flashing, 2004 Ford F-150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frzrbrnt 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2021 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
Hi everyone I have a 04 f150 truck that has the ut1250 in it that's worked fine for about three years, about three weeks ago when I go to lock/unlock or auto start the lights don't flash at all and when i auto start andI'm in the truck the dash lights don't come on any longer either, I can here the clicking it does when the lights used to flash but no flashing, the functions work fine it still auto starts and locks and unlocks , just wondering if anyone can help. I've tried reaching out to ultra start themselves but they still haven't replied . Just not sure what to do so any help is appreciated. Oh I have no electrical experience at all . Semper Fi
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2021 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
You'll need to locate the module, it's about 4" x 3" x 1.25" Black plastic, wiring/connectors along long side of module.
I believe the white wire on the 'long' connector is the parking light wire. Should have a fuse holder inline, check that fuse.
Also have seen the terminal for the parking light wire overheat in the connector housing. Overheated terminal adds resistance, lights won't operate. The housing would typically show signs of heat...discolored, deformed. And have also seen the relays themselves go bad.
Hope this helps
Mark
frzrbrnt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2021 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
Thank you for the fast reply, I looked under the dash and found the black box I guess that's the module you spoke of, none of the wires looked burned or deformed and neither did the box, I found 3 inline fuses 2 30 amp which had power and a 10 amp that didn't look blown but had no power coming from it I checked with the key in the ignition, checked with motor running, and checked it with no key at all. I'm not sure if I should change it or not. Something I forgot to mention is sometimes my daughter likes to auto start the truck she's younger and it makes her feel grown when I let her is there any way she possibly just pressed a bunch of buttons and maybe turned them off that way? Well thanks again . Semper Fi
Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2021 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
The 10 amp fuse should be for the parking lights. Turn headlight switch on, then test.
I don't believe you can disable the parking light output by just the remote.
frzrbrnt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2021 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
Just tested the ten amp fuse and with the lights on like you suggested and you were right the fuse got power. Thanks for responding again and for your help. Any other ideas you can think of that might be the problem? Sorry if I'm being a bother I apologize. Have a great father's day weekend. Semper Fi
Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2021 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
If the module clicks in response to the remote being operated, that's the parking light relay operating. Determining if the relay is bad or an open connection (burned up trace on circuit board) would require opening up the module.
frzrbrnt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2021 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
I will try doing that tomorrow, someone on you tube suggested that the relay inside the module prob died like you mentioned and it's a common problem and I should run a - neg out when running wire instead and add a relay inverter, prob is I have no idea what that means or how to do it it's way over my experience I thanked him and asked if he could dumb it down for me or if he knew of a tutorial just waiting on a reply. The only relays I'm familiar with are the ones in the fuse box. Guess I'll pop open the module and see what I find. I truly appreciate you taking time out your day to reply to my post and helping me out many thanks, Semper Fi
frzrbrnt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2021 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
Well I opened it up and the board looked fine no burns or anything Im not sure how to test the relays all I have is a lil circuit tester prn that lights when I ground it and hold it to a fuse a light comes on. I took some pictures I'm attempting to post while I was talking the module apart a couple connections came undone I attached them again but now my auto start don't work Ultra Start UT1150 Lights Not Flashing, 2004 Ford F-150 -- posted image. Ultra Start UT1150 Lights Not Flashing, 2004 Ford F-150 -- posted image.
Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2021 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
https://storage.googleapis.com/production-websitebuilder-v1-0-3/673/235673/Gz69dVsx/6d9fa4ce9a7b4861a8c3eec44dcdc6de?fileName=MAN-12XX-INSTALL-U-2005.pdf installation manual
https://storage.googleapis.com/production-websitebuilder-v1-0-3/673/235673/Gz69dVsx/12067c8b8dd04197a17911356fc987e4?fileName=MAN-12XX-OWNERS-U-2005.pdf owners manual
frzrbrnt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2021 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
Thank you for this . Semper Fi
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic