the12volt.com spacer
icon

Ultra Start UT1150 Lights Not Flashing, 2004 Ford F-150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frzrbrnt 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2021 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
Can I just replace the relay? Semper Fi
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2021 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Sure the relay could be replaced.   Google searching numbers on relay didn't give positive results. At that point, one might assume the relay operates on 12 volts, but it could be less. This could be measured from the backside of the circuit board. Then it would need to be unsoldered from the circuit board carefully, holes cleaned of excess solder. The resistance of the coil would be measured. This along with the coil operating voltage and the pinout/product dimensions should give multiple choices for a replacement part. An electronics parts distributor such as Mouser or DigiKey would have a drop down menu for selecting various parameters. The part I'd bet is much less than $5, minus shipping. As for a cross reference, there may be. Then perhaps search elsewhere.
frzrbrnt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2021 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
Sounds like alot of work for someone with lil to no experience lol I was hoping they could just pop out and pop in. Guess I'll just go without lights and just listen for the doors to lock. I honestly want to thank you for all your patience with me, your help and replies. Hope you have a fantastic weekend. Semper Fi
frzrbrnt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2021 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
So I wanted to let you know that I finally heard back from ultrastart, I explained what was going on they had me check a couple things and diagnosed it as a bad output goin to the lights, said I could send it in to have it repaired going to call Monday and see how much they want if it's too much I'll prob just keep it as it is. Thanks again for your help Semper Fi
frzrbrnt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2021 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frzrbrnt
Hello been having problems with my headlights not turning on when I autostart/ unlock/lock doors ended up being a bad connection coming from the light output of the brain and my brown headlight wire whoever installed them didn't even put any electrical tape on it, anyhow I followed the white wire down to the harness and there is a small brown mark on the harness but while I was at it I took the brain apart to see if it had any damage to the board luckily there was none, while double testing the wire while pressing lock unlock nothing was happening but the clicking was still going on, I decided to put my tester on what reminds me of a two legged staple directly under the white wire on the board and to my surprise while clicking the remote it was flashing lights and clicking, so anyway I can fix this? Would it be safe to pull the white wire from the harness strip it some and attach it to the 'staple" on the board? Ultra Start UT1150 Lights Not Flashing, 2004 Ford F-150 - Page 2 -- posted image. i posted a pic so you can kinda see a basic idea of what I'm talking about thanks
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic