icon

2011 Ford Ranger, Viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
partridgebrad 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2021 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Door trigger wire color is purple and gray I am not seeing that wire to be working correctly. also the brake wire is supposed to be purple white and I'm not saying that either. any pictures or comments would be helpful
Brad Partridge
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2021 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a couple questions on this. first off doors locked and unlock. parking lights work and alarm arms and unarms. the problems I'm having are when door is opened when armed alarm does not go off. also remote start does not work. the reason I think that is when I go to program the settings I open the door and push the control center button. nothing is happening except for going into garage menu. Any help would be appreciated
Brad Partridge
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2021 at 6:24 AM / IP Logged  
The Brake wire is indeed Purple/White and can be found at the connector at the brake pedal switch. Look for a Tan 5 Pin plug with the Purple/White wire at Pin 2.
A few things about your Ford Ranger. Ford uses a (-) N.C. door pin system. This means that the Driver door pin wire will show a (-) when the door is closed and an open signal when the door is open. This is not the type of signal the Viper wants to see on its' Green (-) Door Trigger input wire. The Viper needs to see a (-) signal when the door is opened. This is causing your other two issues, Viper alarm not working properly and not being able to get into Viper Programming Mode.
The remote start not working could be from many problems.
What bypass module are you using to bypass the Rangers PATS3 system?
Do you have all the vehicles ignition wires connected properly?
Does the Ranger have a Manual Transmission or Automatic Trans?
Are you running in Tach Mode and did you do a Tach Learn?
Unless you want to get real fancy, you could try using the Dome Light as the Vipers Door
Trigger input. Info Below :
Dome Light     Green/Blue (+)      @ SJB in passenger kick, black 32 pin plug (C), pin 8
Connect the Vipers' VIOLET (+) DOOR INPUT wire and don't use the Green (-) Door Trigger input wire.
Soldering is fun!
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2021 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I have an automatic transmission I have my ignition wires correctly. I am 99% sure and I'm using the key bypass module that wraps around the key cylinder and I Know It Works cuz I had it on a different remote start. I just need to know where to hook the blue wire which is supposed to be a latched negative appreciate your help thank you
Brad Partridge
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2021 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
For the "Key-in-the-box" bypass module, its' GWR ( ground when running ) Blue wire input connects to the Vipers Blue (-) Status Output wire. Don't forget to program the Viper to Auto Trans, Menu 3, Feature 1 to Option 2. The Factory Default is Manual Trans and requires Tach Mode and the use of Reservation Mode for a R/S.
Soldering is fun!
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2021 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Tried the easy fix you suggested for the door trigger and checked all my connection. Now my truck has power but will not start. Undid the whole remote start and still won't start.
Brad Partridge
kreg357 
Posted: September 23, 2021 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  
The Vipers' (+) Door Trigger Input wire is a high impedance input wire and as such won't cause any issues even if it is connected to the wrong vehicle wire.
My suggestion is the standard rule of thumb - "If you did something and the symptoms changes, double check everything you touched and anything in the vicinity that could have been disturbed."
Often times a connector is not fully seated or a wire with exposed conductor touched ground and blew a fuse.
Are you testing/locating the vehicle wires with a Digital Multi Meter? Using an old style incandescent test light will damage the vehicle.
Soldering is fun!
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2021 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
It was a relay. Now I'm at a loss I cannot find the door trigger wire and the brake wire is not white purple. It is orange/black
Brad Partridge
kreg357 
Posted: September 23, 2021 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Strange about the color of the Brake wire. Every source I have lists it as Purple/White.
As far as the Door Pin wires go, I'm pretty sure that you would not be able to use them directly connected to the Vipers' GREEN (-) DOOR INPUT wire. I mentioned before that these signals are (-) N.C. The Vipers' Green input wire needs a (-) N.O. signal. This type of door pin signal is the more common one that goes to a (-) when the door is open. If you want to go with individual door pin inputs for the Viper Alarm, obtain an Omega AU-NCT module. Here is a link to the install guide : https://www.wiresheet.com/v3/manuals-install/Accessories/AU-NCT%20-%20Normally%20Closed%20Trigger%20module.pdf
This module converts the vehicle door pin signals to a single output that the Viper can use.
Being as your vehicle does not appear to follow the normal wire colors, you will have to use a DMM to locate and test the door pin wires. Here is the wire color info for a "normal" 2011 Ford Ranger.
Left Front Door Trigger.......green/violet (-)....driver kick or SJB in passenger kick, black 32 pin plug (C), pin 6
Right Front Door Trigger......white (-)...........passenger kick or SJB in passenger kick, black 22 pin plug (D), pin 3
Left Rear Door Trigger........green (-)...........driver kick or SJB in passenger kick, black 22 pin plug (D), pin 4
Right Rear Door Trigger.......yellow (-)..........passenger kick or SJB in passenger kick, black 22 pin plug (D), pin 6
Here is the DMM test procedure :
DMM set to 20 V DC.
Red test lead to +12V constant.
Black test lead to suspect wire.
The meter should show +12V with the door closed ( (-) signal present ) and go to 0V (float) with the door open.
Soldering is fun!
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2021 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
OK major issue now. My starter relay, is not bad. I have full power and engine will start. The only issue is if I want to start it I have to jump 2 pins on the starter relay 4 pin connection spot. That's the only way to start my truck. My uncle is a mechanic and he's saying I will need my ECU flashed due to it not getting a ground from the factory alarm as if someone were trying to steal your vehicle. Does not sound like the problem to me but I guess I will just keep checking things. I'm not going to pay tons of money to get ripped off by a Ford dealership. I know how corrupt mechanics can be. I will figure this out eventually. Thanks though and any extra info you might have would be appreciated
Brad Partridge
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic