the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, CM900AS Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cutoutcummins 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2021 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
2005 Ram 3500
Laramie QCSB
5.9L Cummins
I'm new to the forum and still trying to figure it out.
So I had a compustar remote start (CM900AS/Blade AL) installed on my truck about 2 weeks ago and at the time the installer couldn't reach compustar to figure out the turbo timeout. Scheduled an appointment for today and they said they still couldn't get it to work. Also when I use the compustar remote to unlock the door, then open the door the truck "alarm" goes off. They told me that the truck isn't seeing that the compustar system is unlocking the doors. With the turbo timeout the compustar system isn't seeing the door trigger that it opens and closes apparently.
I've had an older compustar system on 2 different 05s before and 1 everything worked and my last they couldn't figure out the door trigger for lock/unlock. (That company went out of business shortly after). I really only have the place that currently installed the remote start on this truck to go too.
My question is, anyone ever wire a compustar system in at least an 05? I have wiring diagrams for the truck and the compustar system. Just have to find time to compare the diagrams to what is wired in the truck and have good enough weather to do it.
If anyone has any insight on possible connections that need to be done or what is needed for the truck to see and communicate with the compustar system it would be greatly appreciated
2005 Dodge ram 3500 5.9L Cummins
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2021 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure on your use of Turbo Time Out.
Are you referring to the Turbo Mode as described below?
"This feature allows the user to activate Turbo Timer Mode with their Firstech remote or accessory. This will keep the engine running after removing the key for the specified time selected below."
Or the Diesel Timer aka Wait to Start as described below :
"This feature provides a timed alternative solution to a hard-wired glow plug input to enable the CM900 to wait to start."
I doubt that they are having issues with Diesel Timer as that should be a simple program setting to a fixed number of seconds delay before cranking.
For Turbo Mode cool down, the CM900 needs to see the Parking Brake signal and the Door Trigger. There is also a specific procedure to activate Turbo Timer Mode. The Blade-AL with CH-6 firmware should provide the Door Trigger signal and the E-Brake signal. Of course this is assuming that there is nothing wrong with those vehicle sensors (drivers door pin and Parking Brake switch). Additionally, being as your truck has the Factory Alarm system, the Orange/Black wire on the Blade
20 Pin harness must be connected to Chassis Ground.
A few things to check / test.   Drivers Door pin, Parking Brake sensor/switch and the Orange/Black wire connection. I would also do a Factory Reset on the Blade-AL and then re-program to the truck.
Soldering is fun!
cutoutcummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2021 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
Correct. I always called it turbo timeout. OK I'll check the other connection. I believe atleast the parking brake connection was made.
cutoutcummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2021 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
Going over the cm900as wiring there is no 20 pin connector. Are you referring to pin 3 on cn4?
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, CM900AS Remote Start -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2021 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
With a Blade-AL cartridge installed in your CM900-AS controller, there should be a 20 Pin harness plugged into CN-2. There are 5 wires used on this harness for your 2005 RAM CH-6 application.
Here is a link to that part of the install : http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-CH6/BLADE-AL(DL)-CH6-EN_20191115.pdf
Your truck uses the Type 3 wiring diagram.
Soldering is fun!
cutoutcummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2021 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
Thank you for the clarification and the link. I'll post what I find when I get a chance this week to do some digging
cutoutcummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2021 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
Got the alarm side of things figured out. The orange and black wire wasn't grounded and they used the wrong door unlock trigger wire. The turbo timeout /cool down wire wasn't "grounded" to the parking brake. Instead of using the parking brake I run it to an existing unused switch on the dash. I don't believe that feature is programmed in. I'll tackle that later.
kreg357 
Posted: December 14, 2021 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Blade-AL should obtain the Door Pin status and the Parking Brake info from it's J1850 connection to the truck and supply that data directly to the CM900 via the Blade cartridge slot docking pins. While it is possible to turn off those Blade Output signals, I doubt that the install shop did that. No external wire connections for the Door Pin or Parking Brake should be required.
If the installers didn't connect the CN2 Orange/Black wire to Chassis Ground to tell the Blade & R/S system that the truck had a Factory Alarm, that would probably account for the Factory Alarm going off when unlocking with the CM900 remotes. After making the Orange/Black to ground connection, I would do a Factory Reset on the Blade-AL and do the Blade-AL to vehicle programming again.
Soldering is fun!
cutoutcummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2021 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
I'll try to reset it. I can now open the door without the alarm going off after unlocking it. I didn't try setting the parking brake for the turbo mode. I was under the impression that pin 13 on cn3 needed to see ground for the turbo timeout mode but that may actually have to do with a different turbo function after going through the manual again.
cutoutcummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2022 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
I haven't reset it yet, just haven't had the time. I did come across a video showing how to turn the feature on, pressing the trunk and remote start buttons at the same time for 0.5 seconds but that did nothing. Did not get any flashes from the parking lights. So I guessing it was never activated. I did just order the firsttech op500 programmer.   So hopefully I can get it straightened out.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic