the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4806V, iDatalink ADS-TB, 2006 Toyota Matrix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
putszieca 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2022 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote putszieca
that's just amazing, everything is getting clear for me now, thanks so much...
glad i have something to get diode from...
i just found out by looking at wiring diagram lockdown sec sent me that there is a wire trigger for all doors which is good, i will just have to use 2 diodes 1 for glass ?
thank you
ffg
putszieca 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2022 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote putszieca
it took me 2 four days to work on it little by little...
finally i got all the connections i need to make except for the door trigger, i can't find it, the one from direct wire is not accurate... i hook it up anyways:
programmed the ADS to hardwire mode and programmed the key successfully
tach learned successfully
i am doing the reservation mode as follows:
neutral, depress brake then hand brake, release brake, pressed the remote start 3 secs before trying to exit the car, but it gives me 7 flashes... 😫😫😫
what am doing wrong or done wrong... thanks you in advance... its not easy at all 😫😫😫
ffg
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2022 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Reservation Mode entry steps look correct. Remember that the Viper must see the Brake Pedal (+) Input and the Neutral Safety Parking Brake (-) Input during this process, so those wires must be connected and providing good signals.
For testing purposes, you can connect the Viper (-) Door Status Input directly to the All Door Trigger or even just the Drivers Door Trigger* until you get the diodes and find the needed wires.
The seven flashes is a Manual Mode Error. You are in Tach Mode and Tach is learned so you should be good there.
* Left Front Door Trigger        red/white (-)             driver kick, harness to rear
   All Door Trigger red (all doors) (-)           driver kick, harness to rear
This harness has many wires and probably a few Red and Red/White wires so testing with a DMM is needed. Procedure was previously listed.
Soldering is fun!
putszieca 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2022 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote putszieca
yes, i went hunting at driver kick for those wires using DMM but am getting -12v constant 😔
i don't know if have problem with my matrix wiring 😔
thnks once again sir Kreg357
ffg
putszieca 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2022 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote putszieca
good day good day... so i was able to find the door trigger for all doors earlier today, and tried to do reservation mode right away and boom... 😫😫😫... still 7 blinks...
i tried with doide and without but still same thing 😫😫😫 where did i go wrong?
i think am running out of determination 😔😔😔
ffg
putszieca 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2022 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote putszieca
i was looking at the wrong location before
ffg
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2022 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Did you check/test the Brake (+) and Parking Brake (-) wires and connections. They must all work and supply the correct signals to get into Reservation Mode.
Soldering is fun!
putszieca 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2022 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote putszieca
i will double check them tomorrow, thnks
ffg
putszieca 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2022 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote putszieca
kreg357 wrote:
Did you check/test the Brake (+) and Parking Brake (-) wires and connections. They must all work and supply the correct signals to get into Reservation Mode.
double checked brake and parking wires and they are both good...
ffg
kreg357 
Posted: January 23, 2022 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is the Reservation Mode sequence :
Manual transmission remote start
If the vehicle has manual transmission the proper steps must be followed before leaving the parked vehicle or the remote start feature is disabled.
1. Make sure the doors on the vehicle are closed.
2. Put the transmission in neutral.
3. Press on the brake in the vehicle.
4. Apply the emergency brake.
5. Release the brake pedal.
Within 15 seconds activate the remote start from the remote.
The parking lights will flash confirming that the remote start is active.
Turn off the ignition (the car should stay running when key is turned off).
Exit the vehicle.
Arm the alarm (the vehicle should shut off when arming the system).
You can now remote start the vehicle. If a door is opened or if the alarm is triggered before the next remote start activation the system will not remote start.
So from this, the All Door Pin must be connected (& Hood Pin) and working so the Viper sees all doors closed.
The Brake Pedal must be connected to the Viper so it can see the Brake Input go (+) while the engine is running.
The Parking Brake wire must be connected so the Viper can see this input go (-) while the Brake is on and the doors are closed and the engine is running.
Next the Brake Pedal is released and that Viper signal drops from +12V.
The Viper responds with flashing the Parking Lights.
At this point you can remove the ignition key. The engine should stay running.
Next you exit the car. The drivers door opens and then closes. The Viper will see the All Door signal (-) signal momentarily.
When you press Lock on the Viper remote, it will lock the doors and turn off the engine.
You are now fully in Reservation Mode and the car can be remote started. If any door is opened (or the rear hatch), Reservation Mode is cancelled.
Here is a troubleshooting routine from a 5904V Install Guide :
MTS - Manual Transmission Start diagnostics
When enabling MTS, if you get a failure notification from the remote or the vehicle fails to remain started
check for following:
•      Tachometer not connected or programmed.
•      E-brake not connected to the remote start unit. The black/white H2/2 neutral safety wire must have a ground when the parking brake is set.
•      Foot must be off the brake when activating the MTS mode on the remote.
•      Is the door open when enabling the MTS mode? If so this would cause the unit to enter Pit Stop Mode and the remote start will continue to run when arming/locking the system.
•      Is the door input connected? The system needs to see a door open then close after initiating the remote start.
•      Does the vehicle have a delayed dome light? If you are connected to the dome light wire and the dome light is staying on after arming/locking the system, the system can exit the MTS mode.
•      Make sure the neutral safety switch is plugged in and turned on.
Here is a troubleshooting routine from a 5901 Install Guide :
•      Remote start MTS mode failure
The remote emits a failure notification when trying to enable the manual transmission mode or the vehicle fails to stay remote started when the key is turned off.
Possible causes are:
•      Hood Open (gray wire).
•      Foot Brake active (brown wire).
•      No Parking Brake input, Black/white neutral safety wire not showing ground with parking brake set.
•      Tachometer is not hooked up or programmed.
•      The unit has not been programmed for tachometer mode
•      Toggle switch not installed or not in the ON position.
You should determine where the Reservation Mode sequence Mode fails.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic