Here is the Reservation Mode sequence :
Manual transmission remote start
If the vehicle has manual transmission the proper steps must be followed before leaving the parked vehicle or the remote start feature is disabled.
1. Make sure the doors on the vehicle are closed.
2. Put the transmission in neutral.
3. Press on the brake in the vehicle.
4. Apply the emergency brake.
5. Release the brake pedal.
Within 15 seconds activate the remote start from the remote.
The parking lights will flash confirming that the remote start is active.
Turn off the ignition (the car should stay running when key is turned off).
Exit the vehicle.
Arm the alarm (the vehicle should shut off when arming the system).
You can now remote start the vehicle. If a door is opened or if the alarm is triggered before the next remote start activation the system will not remote start.
So from this, the All Door Pin must be connected (& Hood Pin) and working so the Viper sees all doors closed.
The Brake Pedal must be connected to the Viper so it can see the Brake Input go (+) while the engine is running.
The Parking Brake wire must be connected so the Viper can see this input go (-) while the Brake is on and the doors are closed and the engine is running.
Next the Brake Pedal is released and that Viper signal drops from +12V.
The Viper responds with flashing the Parking Lights.
At this point you can remove the ignition key. The engine should stay running.
Next you exit the car. The drivers door opens and then closes. The Viper will see the All Door signal (-) signal momentarily.
When you press Lock on the Viper remote, it will lock the doors and turn off the engine.
You are now fully in Reservation Mode and the car can be remote started. If any door is opened (or the rear hatch), Reservation Mode is cancelled.
Here is a troubleshooting routine from a 5904V Install Guide :
MTS - Manual Transmission Start diagnostics
When enabling MTS, if you get a failure notification from the remote or the vehicle fails to remain started
check for following:
• Tachometer not connected or programmed.
• E-brake not connected to the remote start unit. The black/white H2/2 neutral safety wire must have a ground when the parking brake is set.
• Foot must be off the brake when activating the MTS mode on the remote.
• Is the door open when enabling the MTS mode? If so this would cause the unit to enter Pit Stop Mode and the remote start will continue to run when arming/locking the system.
• Is the door input connected? The system needs to see a door open then close after initiating the remote start.
• Does the vehicle have a delayed dome light? If you are connected to the dome light wire and the dome light is staying on after arming/locking the system, the system can exit the MTS mode.
• Make sure the neutral safety switch is plugged in and turned on.
Here is a troubleshooting routine from a 5901 Install Guide :
• Remote start MTS mode failure
The remote emits a failure notification when trying to enable the manual transmission mode or the vehicle fails to stay remote started when the key is turned off.
Possible causes are:
• Hood Open (gray wire).
• Foot Brake active (brown wire).
• No Parking Brake input, Black/white neutral safety wire not showing ground with parking brake set.
• Tachometer is not hooked up or programmed.
• The unit has not been programmed for tachometer mode
• Toggle switch not installed or not in the ON position.
You should determine where the Reservation Mode sequence Mode fails.
Soldering is fun!