the12volt.com spacer
icon

Crimestopper RS00 Won’t Go Into Valet Mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bobofthenorth 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2022 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bobofthenorth
That subject is not 100% accurate - I believe I can put the unit into valet mode by holding the unlock & lock buttons on the remote. However when I do that I'm stumped as to what to do next.
Install is on a 2005 F350 Powerstroke. I'd like to change the start delay to give the glow plugs a little longer on time. Right now the unit goes through its default start sequence which gives about 5 or 6 seconds of on time for the glow plugs. I'd like at least 10 seconds. This is my 2nd install so I'm by no means any kind of expert. I did my 2005 Towncar a while ago - it was considerably more complicated but it went well. My diesel doesn't have PATS or a trunk button so it was a pretty simple install but I just can't figure out the valet thing.
I know its never the hardware but I'm really inclined in that direction. I've ohmed out the valet button - its working. The valet light flashes and I can turn it solid by holding the 2 buttons on the remote but once I do that I don't know how to increment the options. Changing the time delay is #19 but it really wouldn't matter if it was #2 because pressing the valet button does nothing. I don't hear any clicks from the brain box and my park lights don't flash.
I'm open to suggestions.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Semi-retired behind the garlic curtain in e-central SK
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2022 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brcidd
Did you ground the gray wire or (hood switch if installed- open hood?)
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
bobofthenorth 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2022 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bobofthenorth
Short answer - yes.
Longer answer, not initially but over the course of multiple attempts mixed in with interweb research I did ground the gray wire but that made no difference.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2022 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Are you going into options programming? Valet mode is not that. It sounds like you have confused the 2 functions.
Follow the steps on page 14 to make option changes. Crimestopper RS00 install manual
Steve G
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2022 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Also according to this note in the manual, you should be using the brake pedal to toggle through the options.
5. For RS00, RS1: (No Lock button) Tap the brake pedal to toggle through the option values: Tap brake once (lights
flash 1X) Tap the brake pedal again (Lights flash 2X) tap 3 or 4 times for options that have 3 or 4 values.
Steve G
bobofthenorth 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2022 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bobofthenorth
Thanks for the reply but I can only wish it was that simple. The system completely ignores the little red button. It doesn't matter whether I call it an options programming button or a valet button there is absolutely no response to pressing it.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
iskidoo 
Posted: May 22, 2022 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
bobofthenorth wrote:
I can put the unit into valet mode by holding the unlock & lock buttons on the remote. However when I do that I'm stumped as to what to do next.
. I guess this part is what’s confusing to me.
Steve G
iskidoo 
Posted: May 22, 2022 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Try unplugging the antenna wire and reseating it into the brain. Also could try testing continuity on all of the wires of the antenna between both plug ends.
Steve G

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic