the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
southsidesmoka 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2022 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote southsidesmoka
I've been reading about the CM-X. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can unplug my DC-3 and directly plug a CM-X in its' place. I'm on te cusp of buying a CM-X with a Blade-AL and having it installed - if some settings and antenna placement tips from the CM-X Master Guide don't fix my issue. Apparently, "Unlock once armed" is NOT the correct FT-RFID feature option - it SHOULD be "FTX\Always Unlock". Also, the ANT-2WSF antenna should be mounted in an "A" or "B" column, or even in the dash. Mine's near dead canter of the top of the windshield. I'm away from home at the moment. The second I return; I am going to change the FT-RFID option and try remounting the antenna. More to come. CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 3 -- posted image.
Murphy and his damned Law keep me quite busy...
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2022 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
one other thing to try just for fun, is to see if you get the same result from the other remote. Just to rule to a "bad" T13 remote.
southsidesmoka 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2022 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote southsidesmoka
Nothing from the R5 Pro, either. Hence, I ordered a CM-X with a Blade-AL. CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 3 -- posted image. I have an install appointment with good ol' Best Buy on the 30th of this month. Obviously, no luck with feature option mods and antenna placement on the DC-3. Perhaps the DC-3 IS indeed incompatible with Proximity Unlock; this would certainly help direct the "Pro Shop" money stream to the not-so-Pro Shops who rape you on costs since the big-box stores don't carry anything but the DC-3. CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 3 -- posted image.
southsidesmoka 
Posted: June 30, 2022 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote southsidesmoka
Well...FirsTech CM-X with Blade AL installed. Proximity Unlock is FINALLY functional. CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 3 -- posted image. CompuStar told my installer the DC-3 is fully compatible with the RFX-P2WT13-SF remote kit - our experience has proven otherwise. There is apparently misinformation circulating around about the DC-3. It's a GREAT module for your general consumer - which I am not. I can confidently say we NEVER came across a DC-3 that was compatible with Proximity Unlock. Case closed.
NOTE: The DC-3 has a built-in thermisistor. The CM-X does NOT have a built-in thermisistor - you'll need to plug one in for temperature readings.
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic