the12volt.com spacer
icon

CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2022 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
what version if the RF decoder on the dc-3? should be version 3.8. you might have to go into classic mode to flash this
southsidesmoka 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2022 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote southsidesmoka
I don't want to make any assumptions. CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 2 -- posted image. By classic mode, do you mean the old browser interface versus the desktop application? I'm not sure what RF Decoder version is on the DC3. I THINK it's 3.6. Awaiting any and all guidance. Thank you.
Murphy and his damned Law keep me quite busy...
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2022 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
Yes Classic mode, as in the web browser. Also make sure when you program the remotes to fill all 4 slots of the dc3. (program each remote twice)
southsidesmoka 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2022 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote southsidesmoka
Might I enquire as to how I upgrade the RF Decoder FW? I am in Classic mode and can't make any progress. I am running version 3.6 on the RF decoder and 2.8 on te DC3.
CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
southsidesmoka 
Posted: June 16, 2022 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote southsidesmoka
I found it. CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
Thank you, silvercivicsir, for all of your guidance. Now, I'm going to plug 'er back in and see what we've got.
southsidesmoka 
Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote southsidesmoka
I'm running DC3 FW 2.8 and RF-Decoder FW 3.8. Still no Proximity Unlock. All four remote slots are filled. All previous steps followed. The Weblink Updater wanted to "update" my RF-Decoder back to 3.6 - I'm guessing because it has a later release date compared to 3.8; I didn't perform said update. One change I did notice, I keep my siren muted for lock/unlock chirps - there is now an icon on my remote reflecting such. Otherwise, no change. "I'm stumped", said the tree to the lumberjack. CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2022 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
dumb question, on the T13, remote you enabled the proximity on feature? If you have already done this, turn it off.. and then turn it back on, make sure the truck flashes the park lights twice for "off", and then "once" for on. also I assume you are only using one remote and the other remote, the 2wr5 is far far away from the car or off?
southsidesmoka 
Posted: June 20, 2022 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote southsidesmoka
Yes, Proximity Unlock is enabled on the T13 Pro. The R5 Pro is off and away from the truck. I've disabled and reenabled Proximity Unlock with the truck giving me two-flashes for off and one-flash for on. Still, nothing...even after the RF-Decoder FW update. CompuStar CM-DC3 and Pro RFX T13 Proximity Unlock Problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2022 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
sorry I am at a loss. only other suggestion would be to try a 7200 or cmx with a CA blade to see if works. Since the DC-3 is a Idata module, that works with compustar, vs a Compustar product
southsidesmoka 
Posted: June 21, 2022 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote southsidesmoka
silvercivicsir, I do appreciate your valiant efforts to assist me, sir. Kudos, brother. I've been on the phone with my installer at Best Buy, today, and there IS something in the air about some DC3 modules being incompatible with Proximity Unlock. I'll keep everybody posted as to any progress made.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic