the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 Chevrolet Silverado, GMDLBP Bypass And 451M Module?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tory209 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2023 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
Thanks again for all your help. My last question is about the factory disarm (green wire). My R/S doesn't have a disarm/rearm wire (shocker). I know the truck has a factory alarm but I was not given the key fob when I bought the truck and the replacement I bought never worked. Can the factory alarm be bypassed for the aftermarket.
Tory209
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2023 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I'm not sure if disabling the Factory Alarm system is possible. Never tried. You might try a Silverado Forum for that aspect.
A possible work around is never setting the Factory Alarm. Typically, the only way to turn on the Factory Alarm is with the Lock button on the Factory FOB or by locking the doors with the inside door Lock button on exit. If you only use the Aftermarket FOB's to Lock the doors, the Factory Alarm system will never be enabled.
As far as disarm during an Unlock command you could buy some 1N4001 diodes and split the (-) Unlock signal wire, connecting it to both the 451M vehicle Unlock wire input and the vehicle Disarm wire. Info below :
OEM Alarm Disarm    Light GREEN (-)    AT B.C.M. BELOW THE STEERING COLUMN
The truck needs a (+) Unlock signal (from the 451M output) and a (-) Disarm signal
Soldering is fun!
tory209 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
As soon as I hook my battery up the 451m starts making this loud buzzing sound.when I press the unlock or lock button on the door nothing happens. Same with the alarm FOB.
Tory209
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
It would help to know the R/S wiring for the two lock relays. That's the Orange, White & Yellow wires for Lock and the Orange/Black, White/Black & Yellow/Black wires for Unlock.
Soldering is fun!
tory209 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
2001 Chevrolet Silverado, GMDLBP Bypass And 451M Module? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Tory209
kreg357 
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Being as the offshore R/S unit has built in lock relays, the 451m is not necessary. While it could be used, it would be redundant.
Omit the 451m if you are using it and follow the Fig.2 Positive Trigger Lock diagram.
Connect the R/S White wire to Silverado Lt. Blue (+) BCM, brown plug, pin A4
Connect the White/Black wire to Silverado White (+) BCM, brown plug, pin A3
Soldering is fun!
tory209 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
The locks worked fine after using the figure 2 diagram. When I remote start the truck it tries to crank but dies immediately. The dash lights will be on and the I see the bypass module light up. I wired the 2 relays according to your instructions. Is the bypass supposed to kick on before it tries to crank? Or could this be from the factory alarm
Tory209
tory209 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
To be more specific it seems like maybe the R/S IG2 is delayed. I hear the relays click on and the bypass light comes on about 7 seconds after it tries to start
Tory209
kreg357 
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Typical proper R/S sequence will turn on GWR about 1 second before the R/S brings up the (+) IGN1 output. Then a slight delay before the Starter Output is turned ON to crank the engine. Your offshore unit (without a GWR output) is using the IGN output to turn on the bypass module, so no advanced bypass engagement.
Is the Security Light ON during R/S attempt? Did the PASSLOCK-SL2 bypass module program correctly and give 3 Blinks?
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
To be more specific it seems like maybe the R/S IG2 is delayed
It's possible with that R/S unit. Ideally, both IGN1 and IGN2 should have the exact same timing. You could try using IGN1 as the control input for the two relays.
As a test, you could apply a jumper to Chassis Ground on the PASSLOCK-SL2 (-) While Running input just prior to a R/S attempt.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic