the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 Chevrolet Silverado, GMDLBP Bypass And 451M Module?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tory209 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
The security light comes on immediately after it dies. The passlock 2 blinks 5 times when programmed. I spoke with customer support and they didn't seem concerned about the 5 flashes. I saw in a video that it was supposed to flash 3x. According to the schematics I'm supposed to use diagram 4 (Passlock2B). It shoes that Orange/Black and Orange both connect to the yellow wire @ the ignition and the black ground wire goes to the Black/Orange @ the ignition. Assuming these are the wires that plug into the key cylinder.
2001 Chevrolet Silverado, GMDLBP Bypass And 451M Module? - Page 3 -- posted image.
2001 Chevrolet Silverado, GMDLBP Bypass And 451M Module? - Page 3 -- posted image.
Tory209
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, Schematic 4 is correct. Those 3 Passlock2 wires do come from the ignition cylinder.
The Yellow wire should be 5V and then drop down a bit (depending on the cylinders internal resistor value) when the key is turned to Start.
You could try re-programming the module after verifying the Passlock2 wires.
That's why I like to use a Data Style bypass module...
Soldering is fun!
tory209 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
She cranks right up when I wire it to ignition 1 but now it won't shut off when I insert the key and press the brake. I have the brake wire hooked up and the handbrake wire grounded per the instructions for an automatic.
Tory209
tory209 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
I mean it will shut down by remote but once I step on the brake the remote start or bypass won't shut off unless I unplug the harness
Tory209
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
First, offshore unit are unpredictable...2001 Chevrolet Silverado, GMDLBP Bypass And 451M Module? - Page 3 -- posted image.
In the wiring diagram it says "IGN2 output the power supply which will interrupt at the moment of startup". Besides not completely understanding that statement, that's not how it's supposed to work.
IGN1 and IGN2 should be the same. They should be turned on and stay on the entire duration of the R/S. ACC should come on with IGN but drop during crank time. Your truck needs to see the White IGN2 during a R/S or you will get a transmission fault. Perhaps the best way to do it is with 3 relay, all controlled by IGN1. Two realys would have a 25 Amp fused output positive output for IGN1 and IGN2. The third relay would be a (-) output for the bypass control.
As for your current issue that keeps the truck running after the Brake is pressed and the key is removed, check your wiring to the relays. Only the R/S IGN1 signal should be going to Pin 86, nothing else.
Soldering is fun!
tory209 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
I did confirm that the R/S ign2 has a delay by using a test light. The setup you gave me was relay #1 87,86 + 86 on relay 2 to IGN 2 on R/S. Relay #1 30 to truck ign2 (White)
85 on both relays + 87 on relay #2 to ground. Relay #2 30 to - while running on bypass module. I just stitched to IGN 1 and wire R/S ign2 directly to white wire
I may just bypass the passlock 2 with resistors at this point. Hate to start over with a new unit
Tory209
kreg357 
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, a permanent Passlock2 bypass with a resistor might be the way to go. Re-Learn the new resistor value and you're all set. No immobilizer security but the R/S will work all the time.
As mentioned, 3 relays all controller by IGN1 is another option.
A standard U.S spec R/S unit will have Disarm, Ground When Running, a proper Tach Sense circuit and correctly timed ignition outputs, just saying.
Soldering is fun!
tory209 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2023 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tory209
Ok.i hear you loud and clear. I'm considering the Avital 4103lx or the 4105. Leaning towards the 4105 because the 4103 appears to need programing to choose either IGN2 or ACC. While the 4105 appears let you wire it how you desire. I do not own a bitwriter to do programming. Just need a basic keyless entry/Remote start without the missing wires of the "offshore" models.
Tory209
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic