icon

Alpine 15'' or Phoenix Gold 15'' subwoofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wizzle 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
JamesRH, I believe you.  sounds (literally) like you did your research.  Excellent job!
skyRyder 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  

Thank Guys,

So JamesRH and Wizzle have choosen PG Titanium 15" subby?

wizzle which one would you choose between and ALPINE swr 1512D and PG titanium 15" subby ?.....

i really need ur guy to help with everything you have heard or experienced...

thank

JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
I am running the Apline cda7977 head, which has no deck power, just preouts, and the sub line is pushed through a line driver i got on e-bay for $9.00 creating about 8volts RMS to the amps....I have chosen the Alpine subs if you are going for SPL...PG if going for SQ which i doubt, cause SQ guys dont usually go for 2 fifteens. :)
skyRyder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

JamesRH and wizzle thank again guys.... great opinions and make me learn alot of things thru this forum.....

let's me ask you again.... JamesRH and wizzle  that, if you have to choose one out of these subby... which one would you go for?... ALPINE SWR1521D or the PG titanium 15"  ?...  i just called up the alpine store, they give me a very very good deal on the 15" ... but i still have time to think and do my homework on researching this stuff here and there.... therefore i need more information and what is the good choice?

thank alot buddies

wizzle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
i'm with JamesRH.  In just about every application that I've heard, and honestly, none ever side by side, and way more alpine than pg subs, alpine will take the cake.  Sorry if i asked this already, but what is your preferred type of music?  what mid and highs are you going to use?  gonna stay with alpine? that will definitly make JamesRH happy : ), but would also be a very good choice. 
skyRyder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  

lol.... good that you reply me so fast!... well i listen to alot of pop songs and RNB or sometime slow songs too.... i have heard the PG 15" play with all the music i like, it great sound and very nice bass.... i check prices b4, PG slidely cheaper than ALPINE...

come on guys give me some good opinion and stuffs....

thank again buddies

wizzle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
stick with alpine.  it is probally more than coincidence that i have heard way more alpine than pg.  but, your ear is the determining factor, not mine.  have you heard the alpines in a vehicle, or just in a demo room?
skyRyder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

yeah i heard the alpine but 12" though...... like i said b4 bro... i have heard and almost every week PG 15" (old model) in my cousin car... but his brother got the 12" ALPINE VR.....  that why i ask people here, is there anyone has ALPINE SWR1521D in their trunk? and what do they like about it?.... PG pretty good but rare in Australia... australia is damn slow with the technologies and other productions, ... outrages mate!!!!  Alpine 15''  or Phoenix Gold 15'' subwoofer - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

surely u can find only afew alpine products (good quality) on ebay.com.au...... but if hop on ebay.com (US site) u will flick until ur eyes hurt....

so yeah... thank wizzle  I also just got a really good deal from one of our special cousin's friend who own the alpine shop...  i called 3 different alpine store, they all cant give a damn about dropping a dollar, so this sales manager will give me 25% off from RRP

remedyking 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
why only the 2 subs. try the mmats jug 15. in the right enclosure 1 is better than 2 of the PG or alpine.
skyRyder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

remedyking.... can you give more info about ur mmats jug 15 plz..... model number, or URL site will be appreciated..... pretty sure there are some good stuff out there

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic