icon

Diode for two 530ts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2-door, with a sunroof. I added one for the 2 windows, and the second for the sunroof. I know, I know, I should have used a 529t for the sunroof, but I wanted 1-touch up/down at the switch for the sunroof, so I bought one of those instead.
CBates, does my second diagram look like what you were describing? (Diodes in the right directions?)
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
CBates 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, your diagram is correct, just be sure to add a relay. Other than that, it looks great.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, sorry for continuing this, but I drew yet another diagram :-) This is what I'm doing:
Diagram #1: I drew up a quick sketch to make sure I wired in the relay correctly. I hope I have it wired the way you were suggesting.
Diagram #2: Here's my setup...I have channel 1 opening just the windows, and I have channel 5 opening the windows AND the sunroof. So, I figured you would say I'd need a relay, so I added one, along with 2 diodes. You'll see that Channel #1 is connected only to the first 530t, and that Channel #3 is connected to the relay to drive them both. I'm not sure if I need those diodes in there, though.
Any more help would be great!
Diode for two 530ts - Page 2 -- posted image.
c2deez 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
You do realize that in this diagram the diodes are the wrong way. Other than that, I don't see a problem. Just make sure the mods that you are using can work from a momentary pulse.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
Well that would be a big "D'oh" on my part. Ooops on the diodes. I got the first diagram down pat. I have 2 questions for the second one:
1. Do I need the diodes?
2. I'm assuming I wouldn't need the relay, but it's probably better safe than sorry here, right? This is the (-) out of the alarm, and I didn't need a relay for just one 530t. But I guess now that it's driving 2, I should just use the relay?
THANKS everyone for all your help.
c2deez 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2003 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
1. Yes, you NEED the diodes or you WILL have problems.
2. If I were installing this and were connecting 2 units, I would not use a relay, with 3 units I would definately use a relay(referring to the 1st diagram).
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
Crap, I guess I should have been more specific on those two questions....they were more geared towards using a relay and diodes for the second diagram. I know everyone was saying to use diodes and a relay for the "ground when armed", but then that made me think if I needed one for the "AUX" wire, too.
But nonetheless, I've installed everything exactly as that diagram shows. It works very well. I got a little nervous, though, when I remotely started the car, and the windows rolled up. Then I realized that somehow the alarm reset itself, and turned the "anti-grind" feature back on. I don't know why that's considered a conflict, but when I turned it off, everything works great.
One slight thing, though, is that the 530t that opens the sunroof....it opens it like 0.5% too much. It works perfect, but I can here a very very slight amount of "motor" once it's opened all the way. Oh well, I guess that's how I've been opening it all these years anyway.
Thanks for everyone's help !!!!
CBates 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
The 530's work off of a sensor that detects when the motor is under stress and cuts off, this is how it knows when to quit applying signal when the window is completely rolled up, and when something(like a head)gets in the way. Its normal to hear a little noise after you open or close a window or sunroof via remote. And like you said, its no different than keeping your finger on the button gor a couple extra seconds.
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.....
lophix 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2003 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

hi there..

i'm new to the forum and am installing 2 530ts as per the instructions above. I have however run into a problem. I installed it on my driver's side window first so as not to tear the whole car apart and get lost as well as to test that everything was in order. I have the viper remote start right now without the starter kill so i integrated the 2 530ts to it. My problem is as follows:

the one-touch operation works which means the 530t is doing part of its job. however, the remote function doesnt seem to work. i connected this to the aux input of the remote start box.. do i have to use a relay? also, when i start the car and wind down the windows, as soon as i remove the keys from the ignition after shutting off, the window goes back up on it's own. do i need to use a relay for the remote function and if so, can someone point me to a diagram? i bought an spdt relay but am really electronics illiterate. thanks for the help.

l.

xmfan
CBates 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2003 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
I'll see if I cant take a look at your setup and see if I cant come up with something. But in order to do so, I need to know the model number of your remote start, and what kind of car you have.
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.....
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic