icon

real Compustar 2WSS-AS opinions?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dj_chiro 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

I am looking to get an aftermarket alarm (No Security Group on my Jeep) in the near future. I've shopped around and would like some opinions prefereably first hand rather than hearsay about a few systems...

I want a good system not just locks and starter disable along with the usual standard features.
The things I am looking for are:
Remote Start
Power Locks
Ability to pop the rear window glass (like OEM)
Excellent range
Passive arming
I've stopped into the local shops around me and they all seem to carry the same crap...Viper & Clifford. What I am really interested in is the Compustar 2WSS-AS . It claims to have excellent range but I have read some mixed reviews on the quality of the system. I like the 2way feature because I can confirm if my KJ has been started on them cold mornings and I will know if any sensors get tripped off via the 2 way pager.

1 local shop told me to "keep my compustar and my compu-cash"... LOL needless to say this guy was a 4' 10" jerk who sat on a stool the whole time like he was the biggest little man in all of Jersey... I didnt like his attitude at all.

Then another shop (who I've done business with before) claimed that they had one of the first Compustar 2ways a while back and they are fine. I don't know.
Does anyone have this system? What other systems are excellent as far as features and range. I have some friends who have sh*tty range on their systems and cant even tell if they started their car. I dont want to invest in the wrong system.

b_lum81 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

I've recently had my compustar 2WFM-AS installed and I'm actually quite impressed with the range on it.  Autostart works perfectly, as well as the locks/passive lock mode.  My only problem is my shock sensor which I don't know if its defective or installed incorrectly.

but if the shock sensors were working right now i'd would be totally impressed with the overall performance on it...

elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Compustar It's a good system but I'd recommend better  the Autopage 850LCD it has extra channels, pretty good range and an extra conventional remote besides the 2-way remote. Compustar only gives you 1 remote. I've had some issues with some compustars and none with Autopage.
Darksyde 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
I have had compustars in my last 4 cars and trucks and I think they are the best alarm out to date. I have never had a problem with any feature and i use it to control my air ride suspension Just my 2 cents
dj_chiro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
b_lum81 wrote:

I've recently had my compustar 2WFM-AS installed and I'm actually quite impressed with the range on it.  Autostart works perfectly, as well as the locks/passive lock mode.  My only problem is my shock sensor which I don't know if its defective or installed incorrectly.

but if the shock sensors were working right now i'd would be totally impressed with the overall performance on it...

So are you getting false alarms becasue of the sensor?  Can you give me an example of the range?  How many ft. approx?  Through walls...buildings etc???  thanks

b_lum81 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Basically I'm thinking that my shock sensor is defective...  Its nothing against the actual alarm.  besides the shock sensor, i'm totally impressed with it right now.  I've been able to arm/disarm my car from about 4 blocks away and between my work and the parking lot is a concrete building, and there's no problem with the signal.
dj_chiro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  

b_lum81 wrote:
Basically I'm thinking that my shock sensor is defective...  Its nothing against the actual alarm.  besides the shock sensor, i'm totally impressed with it right now.  I've been able to arm/disarm my car from about 4 blocks away and between my work and the parking lot is a concrete building, and there's no problem with the signal.

Sounds good to me, thanks for your input! :)

dj_chiro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  

b_lum81 wrote:

1 other thing; does the transmitter fit nicely in your pocket?  I see the belt clip comes with it and I really dont want to be wearing this thing everywhere I go...  I would much rather just keep it on my keychain like the factory remote locks...

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
Mu $.02
The Autopages seems to be pretty much the same alarm but at a much better price ($100) less the last time I looked. The autopage has a temp sensor for inside the car and a "knock sensor" (mounts to the inside of the windshield) to page the driver/owner. BTW this has to be turned on each arming cycle incase your wondering. Also with the 850 you get 4 output for windows,trunk etc.. (3 of which are programmable for timer/latched/momentary) The 750 has only trunk pop. The compustar has 2 outputs.
Right now the autopage 850 is going for about $180 and the compustar goes for $270. The 850 also moved up to a shock and glass break sensor.
dj_chiro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

floaterr wrote:
Mu $.02
The Autopages seems to be pretty much the same alarm but at a much better price ($100) less the last time I looked. The autopage has a temp sensor for inside the car and a "knock sensor" (mounts to the inside of the windshield) to page the driver/owner. BTW this has to be turned on each arming cycle incase your wondering. Also with the 850 you get 4 output for windows,trunk etc.. (3 of which are programmable for timer/latched/momentary) The 750 has only trunk pop. The compustar has 2 outputs.
Right now the autopage 850 is going for about $180 and the compustar goes for $270. The 850 also moved up to a shock and glass break sensor.

If I am understanding this correctly doesn't the Compustar system comes with all the equipment I need to do doors, starter, trunk pop...  I dont need to buy any additional modules, correct?  I really dont really need 6 channels.  The price of the Autopage looks good but the remote looks bigger than the Compustar... And the range of the Compustar seems to be better.  Although I do like the extra remote with the Autopage, I still think the Compustar is the right choice for me...

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic