2000 Taurus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oakley 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I am in the middle of a car starter/alarm install and I can't seem to find a rubber gromet to pass the tach and hood pin wires through my 2000 Ford Taurus. Anybody know where one is located?? I am in desperate need to know.

I thank you for any help ahead of time.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
You can get tach inside that car.
Directly above the parking brake pedal, you can see two black plastic squares, each with a gold bolt in the middle, each with wires coming out. Tach is tan / YELLOW coming out of one of those.
As for getting wires out underhood, it kinda sucks. There is a factory rubber grommet, very low, in the very center of the firewall. If you reach down there from under the hood, you will probably be able to feel it. The other side of the grommet goes directly behind the heater ducts where you can't reach it---you'll have to feed a lot of the wire in until it comes out somewhere you can grab it.
oakley 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus and I just installed an Autopage alarm/starter. There is only one wire for accessory from the module, so I hooked it up to the one that tested positive for the blower. Now the problem that I am having is that my car is equipped with Climate control and that doesn't come on with the blower motor. Do I have to relay to my second accesssory wire? If so how do I hook up the relay? Also, for my door pins, I used the "common" (can someone confirm the color of this wire) wire and when I open the door it does not trigger the alarm. It says I must cut and diode the factory wire and isolate it from the cluster. WHOA! That's where I get confused. I did just that, but I'm not really sure if I have the diode on the right way and on what side do I hook up my wire from my module? Please help! and thanks a million!

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=2000&make=Ford&model=Taurus&ID=17859&type=Alarm

daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
There are two things you can do.  You can either take the accesry wire from the current accesorry relay and take another wire and hook it up to second accesory from the first relay.  These relays can handle it.  Or you can take another relay and here is how you hook it up.  If you buy a DIRECTED relay here's is how it goes.  Take the red wire and hook it up to the accesory input from the alarm, take the black and ground it on a GOOD ground, take the brown wire and hook it up to a HIGH CURRENT 12volt supply (usually the 12volt coming to the key), and finally take yellow wire and hook it up to the accesory.  have q's you can email me personally, I will answer any q you have.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
oakley 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

Ok sorry but I totally didn't get that. Is there a link to a diagram somewhere? Could I just use my second ign wire from the module which I am not using? I don't see why not. and I am still having trouble with the door pins. Any thoughts???

Thanks!

oakley 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
oakley wrote:

Ok sorry but I totally didn't get that. Is there a link to a diagram somewhere? Oh I don't have a relay for the first acc wire. Could I just use my second ign wire from the module which I am not using? I don't see why not. and I am still having trouble with the door pins. Any thoughts???

Thanks!

daniel2002p 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
Yes if you have a left over ignition wire you can use it for accesorry.  The two supplies ignition wire and the accesory wire coming from the brain all do the same thing.  They provide 12volts when the remote start sequence is initiated.  Yes that is true, I did not know you have a left over iginition wire.  Just hook that one up and that should solve the problem.  Let me know what happens.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
The only difference between the ignition and the accessory outputs, is that ignition stays on all the way through cranking, whereas accessory drops out during cranking. The Taurus is a fairly simple car, electrically speaking, and the car won't mind if one of the accessory wires stays on while cranking. So go ahead and use the extra ignition output you have.
As for the door trigger, I've never done a full alarm on a Taurus, so I really don't know.
But isn't there a position on the dash dimmer that turns on the domelight? That means, most likely, that there is a domelight wire coming out of the dimmer switch.
Sometimes Ford domelight wires can false after a while, but don't worry about that just yet. Go to the dimmer switch, test all the wires for door trigger, and make a temporary connection. Close the car and leave it armed for an hour or so....if it doesn't false by then you should be okay. If it does false, there are ways to get around this fairly easily, with one relay.
The domelight information I have for a Taurus is blue/black, positive......also listed as being in a plug at the top of the fusebox.
daniel2002p 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
On that particular alrm all the ignition and accesory wires stay energized throughout the whole remote start process.  It does not matter in this case.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
oakley 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
What do you mean by Ford domelight wires can false after a while??? Thanks for all the help. I hooked up the ign wire to the second acc and it's working just great! I will try to hook that wire up to the domelight wire and let you know.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic