icon

2000 Taurus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
if you look above the parking brake there are two bundles of wire there is always one that is a little easier to grab... cut the tape and dig in bacause i have done avoer 30 of them and it is always barried in the back, but it is there. wish i could send you a pic of it because it is really hard to explain sorry
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
oakley, did you read my response to your older post? I already told you what misterjimbo did.
oakley 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
misterjimbo....What is barried in the back? What am I looking for?
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
the tan yellow tach wire is there. Sorry for repeating you chris... you had a better description of it too.
oakley 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed an Autopage 850-LCD remote start alarm in my 2000 Taurus. At first everything worked great. It started no problem and everything was a go. Then I drove away and when I came came back tried to remote start again and it wouldn't crank or nothing. I tried several times that day. I noticed the anti-Theft light on the dash flashing really fast. I figured it was the DEI module so I make sure everything was cool. The next day I came out and it started with the remote start. Then a few hours later the Anti-Theft light flashing again and would not start. Has anybody else encountered this? On my remote start module I have a wire for factory alarm disarm and arm. I have the disarm hooked up only because I didn't want the factory alarm at all. It is hooked up to the Pink/White wire. I also noticed on my car diagram I have a "DISARM DEFEAT" wire pink orange. What is this wire? Should it be hooked up? Any help would be great. Thanks!
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
what dei mod did you use 555f or 555u, also what wire did you hook the by pass on your alarm?
zargon ruler of estranorth
oakley 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
I used the DEI-555U and I hooked up the Blue(-) wire to the yellow wire of my remote start (-) 200mA Ign3 output. This wire provides a 200mA(-) ground output that becomes active 4 seconds before the remote start unit initialize, and remains grounded while running. It said: Connect to wire from the bypass unit.
whitey 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have noticed before on certain fords that the key doesn't like to transmit in the 555U when it is cold.  Also check your placement of the 555U ring.  The disarm defeat is not neaded.  It is used when install a OEM upgrade alarm to a factory keyless entry  ex: Viper 700T
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
I would think you didn't secure your ring around the ignition cylinder good enough. I always make sure they are tight around and use wire ties to help secure them to whatever you can. Check that see what happens.
oakley 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
I checked my ring....It can't move. I have electrical tape wrapped around it over and over very tight. And it's cold out right now and it works fine. I don't understand what could be wrong! Also all my connections are soldered. I have the keypad on the door. That has nothing to do with it would it?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic