icon

Sound Dampening!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a roll of RAAMmat from a friend who didnt need it anymore, applied some to my rear deck, and I was pretty impressed. It sticks really good, conforms to curves and bumps, and it's way more affordable than Dynamat Extreme. I think it does it's job just as good as Extreme, as I have both in my car, and the fact that it's sold for about $100 for a 62.5 sq ft. roll is pretty damn good.
treetop 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

Look no further, use this: http://www.abccatalog.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=2579952318 

Cheap, sticks like there's no tomorrow, and the company ships quick.  There's an initial "tar" smell but once it's intalled and aired-out, the smell will go away.  I did damn near to whole cabin of my truck (81 f-100) with only two roles at about $50 each after S&H. 

Look around the site and you'll find they have it in gray and aluminum, i like the aluminum better.  They also have it in different "widths" (there goes my spelling) to chose from.

I'm starting to sound like a spokesman for them so i'll end here.

Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  

I've been wanting to get some b-quiet BB, due to the fact that it was cheaper, but from reading everyones replys alot of you guys seem to use roofing, insulating products... any replys on how well this stuff really works????

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
treetop 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
This stuff work pretty good.  it molds pretty good (using a heat gun) and sticks like hell, no smell after a while.  Big difference in (diminished) road noise after i did my truck. 
Tatted 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
roughly how long are you talking about for the smell to dissipate?Sound Dampening! - Page 3 -- posted image.
The basic difference between an ordinary
man and a warrior is that a warrior
takes everything as a challenge, while an
ordinary man takes everything as a
blessing or a curse.
-Don Juan
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Would applying ratt mat or dynamat or any of these roll on stick mats work good if i were to just put it on the doors of my 4runner? What would i see a difference in, road noise? Also i have Eclipse in my car and notice the outside of the back of the cars metal flexing if im outside and have it up loud, will any of these products help that?
thanks
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
treetop 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

Tatted

The smell goes away in a couple hours.

Silverciv 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

Ketel22 wrote:
im interested in the ice guard. any body have info on it and where to get?

I also have used this stuff and it works but use at least 2 layers of it and seal it to the car with a heat gun ...you can find it at any home improvement store

beyondamfm 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
You get what you pay for plain and simple. If you looking for sound deading don't skimp on this or that buy the material for what it is intended for. 
The Clear Bra Guy
KCs premiere paint protection guru
soup 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
The only stuff that I could find locally around here was a water and ice guard, I cant remember the brand, I figured it was the same as the ice guard, it wasnt overly sticky, but it was tar on one side, so with a heat gun it should stick, but on the other side, it wasnt aluminum foil or anythign liek that, it was grip, it was basically a large shingle that was rolled into a big roll. is that was Ice Guard is? It just didnt seem like it would be easy to work with, nor did it look like it would do the job all that well... I mean, I am sure it would stop sound, but so would cement.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic