the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Focal or MB Quart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2003 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Which one? Focal 165 K2P or MB Quart QM218.61Q 6.5"
I have 100 watt rms going to them?
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2003 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

Both are good. id get the cheaper of the two...but thats me..

see if you can get to hear them...if more possible..in your own car.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2003 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
You can’t go wrong with either set, but if It was my choice I would go with the Quarts
premieravp 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Focal. I used to compete with both and the Focal was an UPGRADE from my MBQuart set. MB Quart's quality has gone down in recent times. I have quit selling them because I am able to buy better speakers for less money. If you are paying for the MBQ and don't want the Focal, look at Diamond Audio HEXt.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
Sell the Mb Quart, have had very few problems (loose magnets on the tweeter - installer error), Diamond also makes incredible speakers.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
dcgc 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know about focal but i have had mb quart and i havent heard of anything more crisp compared to rockford, sony, pioneer, kenwood, etc.
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
MB Quart has always been the best quality in components
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the input. I have a new question though. I went into my local shop which sells the focal 165K2P and also the Diamond Audio S600's. Now I know I'm not that different from everybody else in the fact that I listen to my system really loud more than half the time I'm in the car. I told the salesman what I'm running which is a 100 x 2 amp up front. I asked to listen to the focal's and he suggested I not get those do to the fact that they aren't meant to listened to alot at high volumes. He recomended the Diamond's which he said are designed for that type of listening. I the Diamond's sounded great, but I liked the Focal's better. He also said that most people can't tell the point where the speaker starts distorting so that's probably why my current set of 165v Focal's tinsel leads on the mids have a short in them. He said that I have over driven them. I have them crossed over at 120hz with gain at 25%. I know that they aren't distorting. I've been listening to car audio since I was 15 and am now 28. Anybody out there heard if Focal's aren't supposed to be driven hard?
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic