Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
i think we all used to be the stupid cutomer at one time....grin
vman 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
pureRF: Thanks for the encouraging words. I didn't have much trouble with the head unit (it's currently wired in to the very sucky factory speakers). To top it all off, I had to (gasp) hack into the wiring harness. So far no explosions/fires. I'll keep you posted as the work progresses. Thanks again to everyone. 17sdime kinda scares me...............
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
LOL thats funny why do i scare u?? just tryin to ask a simple question in a forum nothin really scary about that
vman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
17sdime: Nothing personal, It's just that I'm obsessing over the thought of drilling a gromet hole, and your porting God knows what from a strobe equiped back massager into your truck. Maybe I'll be where you are someday....................
noob 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2003 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
yea vman car audio isnt as hard as it seems......sometimes we like to make it sound more difficult than it really is (shhhh dont tell anyone, this'll be our secret).......all the wires may seem overwhelming at first but just dive in and start figuring things out.....i think a head unit would be the most difficult thing to install when you have to hack in a new wiring harness like i did......and like defective said....we all used to be the stupid consumer at one time........luckily i did my research b4 i bought anything and i have never paid for a single install......i now build fiberglass enclosures wire amps, HU's, subs, speakers everything....and ive only been at it for 5 months or so....so keep it up....and just start with what you know, and what you dont, ASK
vman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2003 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks again, guys, for all the encouragement.  I'm the measure twice cut once type, so It will take a while, but so far the results are great. I'm stringing the speaker wire through the doors this weekend (Armed with coathanger and nerves of steel) Wish me luck...........
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2003 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hope it doesn't snow on you! We got nailed with it last night.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
vman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2003 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thats why they call it the great white North! Im basking in Southern California's perfect weather.......
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2003 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, all us nucks have better beer, a lower drinking age, way better ski and snowboard areas, chaper prices, Shania and other hotties, a better hockey team (go Vancouver - we would own the NHL if we recalled all the Canadian players), touques, semi legal pot laws, clean air, power and water that you haven't paid us for yet($15,000,000,000.00 count the zeroes - no exaggeration) and a leader that doesn't go around blowing everyone and everything up (although we do agree with some of it) So all in all let it snow, $85.00 hr to plow snow in a nice warm F350 (friends don't let frind's drive chevy's) with a good stereo, sign me up.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2003 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
mmmm snow, I WANT SNOW!!!! I WANA SKI!!!!..................speaking of chevy's, lol  i got an starter install on a 96 chev pickup today, and the guy was such a moron, his hood cable was snapped, his ignition core was messed up so bad that we managed to get the key turned 3 times, ,once to get it in, once to test the first ignition, and last to get it the heck outa the garage....we tryed for 4 FREEKIN hours to get the key to turn in the ignition, i hit the dam thig with a hammer and it didn't work!!!   and another 30 min of jimmying the hoof with a coat hanger....the $149.99 starter install turned into $400 just because his chevy was a pile! he could have spent that money to fix the POS.........i hate chev's now.........and all north  american crap....whell not all....but most are just crap..........Nissan all the way baby!! haha......alright, back to the topic,,,,uhh i forgot what i was gona say
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic