icon

2001 Chevy 2500 passlock booboo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Supertom 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2001 chevy 2500 and I installed a crimestopper RS900 VI. I didn't put a passlock bypass in as I didn't know I needed it at the time, but It wouldn't work and wouldn't even start with a key, but If I tried to start with the key and then pushed the remote start button it would run for 24 minutes and I would have to do it again no security light or anything. Well since then I installed a DEI 555L but I still get the same thing only the security light stays on. here is the booboo part. When I originally connected to the yellow starter wire from the RS I wasn't connected to the starter wire It was the yellow passlock wire. So in turn I put 12 volts to this wire. Now I really need help fixing this, I at least need to get it to start with the key. I have disconnected the battery I have waited up to 1 hour with the key on and still it won't start with only the key or only the RS. I don't know what to do ........Please Help Me..
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

hi does the security light flash or stay on solid if it stays on solid and the truck starts but the light stays on you need a tech 2 to clear the passlock codes.if it still wont start after wait ing one hour with key on newer passslock 2 has a different procedure to reset i used to have it on my computer until a virus took care of it  .  maybe someone out there has the procedure.if not become friends with a chevy tech.

kirk

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Try unplugging all the plugs from the body control module underneath the steering column. The BCM is the black box with the colored plugs in it. Leave it unplugged for one minute. Disconnect any wiring you have done first to eliminate further problems. Turn the key on, but don't start the engine. If you are lucky the security light on the dash will flash. If it does leave the key in the on position for 15 minutes. The light should stop flashing and the truck should then start. If not you may have smoked the BCM. Sorry. Once the magic smoke is out you can't put it back in too easy. You can also check for blown fuses in the dash fuse panel and the fuse panel underhood. Good Luck!
sparky
Supertom 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
I will try this and see, In the mean time does anyone know the proceedure for reseting the passlock? What I don't understand is why will thr remote starter start the truck if the key is in it but the key won't start it?
Supertom 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
I guess I am freaking out a little because I don't know what to do.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2003 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
Disconnect the bypass and reconnect the yellow passlock wire, then do what sparkie said.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Supertom 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2003 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
ok, I did all of the above and still no go. I did check with a meter and the bypass was putting a signal to the passlock but no signal without the bypass connected. Anyone know what a BCM cost and are they vehicle specific?
Supertom 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2003 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know where I can get a BCM for a 2001 chevy 2500HD other than the dealer. Or does antone have one I can buy? I think I narrowed it down to I cooked my passlock.
neotheone 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2003 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
Hey ,try this procedure .With your key turn the ignition on and try to start it .When it fails to start leave the key in the on position and observe the security light flash for 10 minutes.This is the passlock learn procedure .When the light stops flashing try to start the truck again.You may have to repeat this Passlock learn procedure three times.If you can't fix it this way you will need new hall effect sensors and will have to do this procedure.
Supertom 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2003 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
I will atempt this, I don't get a security light when the key is on, The only time I get a security light is when the Remote start has the truck running. I have been messing with this all morning. What I don't understand is why will the remote starter start the truck but the key won't. when I only turn the key on the battery light comes on and stays on. I removed the bypass and measured the voltage on the yellow passlock wire and it measued 5.04 VDC with the truck running on remote start.but no voltage or anything if it is not running with remote start.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic