the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start 03 Grand Am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AlanJE 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

Yes thanxs mike its a Valet 554R and from looking at the manual it shows <(-) Unlock (+) Lock Output> and <(-) Lock (+) Unlock Output> so from what I am getting from this is that is has dual outputs, thus I would need to use a relay for lock and unlock, and on the unlock side I would put the resistor.

I am reading a wireing diagram and it is saying that for the door trigger on an 03 GA GT1 you need to diod isolate the passenger and other 2 doors from the drivers door trigger. here is what I am confused about the Valet 554R has 2 wires for the door trigger one that reads <to (+) door switch wire> and one that reads <to (-) door switch wire>.  The wireing diagram is only showing that I have one wire in the car for the door trigger, the lt blue/black in the driver kick and the lt blue in the passanger kick............so do I simply take the <to (-) door switch wire> from the Valet 554R split the lead and send one to the lt blue/black wire for the driver, and send the other to the lt blue for the passanger door with the diod in-line white band facing the lt blue wire?

I guess simply what I am asking is do I only need to use one of the wires comming from the Valet 554R either the (-) or the (+) and just let the other wire alone?

I went to Radio Shack to pick up some diodes and I was a little lost as to what to get.  I know I need a 1Amp diod but what volt rating do I need? I got a 200V and what is the difference between a Silicon Diod, and a Rectifier Diod? which one do I need?

Thanxs

Alan

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
umm, dei part number 451m is what you need.  two relays in one.  if you need negative outputs, tie the purple wire to a ground signal as opposed to 12v for 5 wire door locks.  that lets you have negaitve lock out puts from both blue and green wires.  put the resistor in series with which ever wire (output) then tie that into the other lock/unlock wire.
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
PONTIAC, GRAND AM, 2003, Power Lock
Lock is straight negative trigger. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 1.5K (1500) ohm resistor. MUST use relays. MUST close doors to lock with a single pulse.
The BCM (Body Control Module) is between the blower motor and the passenger side kick pane
AlanJE 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Im not sure if anyone is undestanding my question......Mike do you have any ideas on what I posted Dec 16th????
CBS Installs 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
The door triggers are as follows,  lt.GREEN/ black drivers door    lt blue all others. these wires are found on the passengers side just above the kickpanel at the body control module. you can slide the bcm out from its bracket to get at the wires easily.  to diode isolate you take 2 diodes (1n4005 I believe it is a rectifier diode)  twist the ends without the stripes together and connect to the - door trigger on your remote starter/ alarm.   The + input is for installation flexibility with various different vehicles.    You can also get your door locks , parklights and trunk relese  as well as park brake at the bcm.     Good luck with that, its a fairly basic vehicle once youve done a couple   
Regards,
Craig Stevens
CBS Installations Drayton Valley AB
(780)621-1302
AlanJE 
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you Craig you answerd exactly what I was asking!!!!

AlanJE 
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
Craig is the BCM a black plastic box with three connectors, or is it a metal box that takes 2 screws to drop down?
AlanJE 
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  

Nevermind, I got brave and pulled that metal box down to find out it was the XM radio unit

I got a PLDATA module from Crime Stopper, and I am unsure on how to install it. I know the purple wire goes to pin 2 on the OBDII but there is a brown wire that needs to be "Connected to (-) ground output when running wire of remote start system" does anyone know which wire on the remote start unit, this wire on the PLDATA plugs into?

Thanxs

Alan

CBS Installs 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
there will be a  status or ground when running wire on your remote starter. this will be the wire. however I have never even heard of the model starter you are using. but I can say that that pldata bypass is a great one to use and works well. but check the install guide that came with the starter for that ground when running or send me the install guide and I should be able to help you out
Regards,
Craig Stevens
CBS Installations Drayton Valley AB
(780)621-1302
AlanJE 
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

Craig,

Here is the link for the RS http://www.caraudio-caralarms.com/554T.html hope you can tell me what wire to send to the brown wire on the PLDATA

When the engin imobalizer is stoping the car from starting, does it sit there and crank, or does it simply just sit there......here is what is happening when I go to RS.......car turns on as if key was in acc position.....then turns back off.....and unlocks doors....but does not crank is this because of the engin imobalizer?

door locks seem to work great !!!!! just can get the stupod thing started

Thanxs

Alan

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic