Clifford G5 2000 Blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blazer2 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

sroth140 wrote:

after you hook the 555L up, make sure you start the car with the key and let it run for a few secondws before you remote start it.

;)

Thanks.

auex wrote:
OK, first just to get it out of the way, You must cut the r-code wire to install the 555l or it won't work. The r-code wire must be cut, and there are not harnesses available for this.

Well one isnt bad.  Id end up cutting all my wires because I wouldnt buy a harness anyway.

00 Blazer Zr2 - Custom Box, Excelon 859, Clifford G5
91 Explorer - Alpine, Rattler
87 Rx7 - OEM except under the hood
FullForce 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2003 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
it would suit me just fine to bypass the passlock for good with a resistor tied to the cut computer side of the yellow wire and just use the starter kill on the alarm, but when i have always left the passlock working so far
blazer2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2003 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
I guess it would depend on how thick the R-Code wire is.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
for passlock systems, i dont know why using resistors is being mentioned.  use the ORANGE / black wire and the black 555L wire, then cut the yellow and attatch the 555L yellow to the key side and the BLACK / YELLOW 555L wire to the car side of the passlock system.  that way, when the 555L gets triggered by a (-) status output, it triggers and sends out the code it learns.  when the car is started with the key, the r code pass right through it unaffected.
blazer2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
After all this, I still dont see how this makes anything secure, lol.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
whats to make secure?  its for remote starts.  it leaves the factory anti theft system intact while allowing a GM vehicle owner the convenience of remote start.  its a good bypass that is easy to install and programs itself as soon as you crank the vehicle with the key.  much better than the capsule 555F and transponder system bypasses like the 555U.  you dont have to worry about bumping it and moving it while putting the steering wheel cover back together... cause you done have to take it off!
blazer2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2003 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
No, not that, Im referring to passlock itself.
blazer2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

So im in the process of wiring this clifford avantguard 5 up, and I sourced some dei/code alarm wiring sheets.  Well, I came to find out the DEI sheet was wrong on the passanger door trigger.  No problem, I found it.

I wired the two into the negative door trigger, isolated with 1 amp 50v diodes found at radioshack for 69 cents, done the same way shown in the basic connections section on this site.

Now when I try to test the pin in the alarm's harness, im not getting any current.  I was using a test light, because my multimeter was acting funny.  I think it needs batteries.

Should it be doing this, or should I be testing it another way?

Also, after installing the door trigger wire my service 4wd light wont go off ( I was using it earler that day due to heavy rain).From what I understand The door trigger wires lead to the pcd, which controls everything except the engine.  It could be a fluke though, Im not sure.  Glad I have an extended warranty.

its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

Make sure you have the correct wire. You say you wired the two into the trigger isolated with a diode? According to this info there is only one door trigger wire.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=2000&make=Chevrolet&model=Blazer%20S-Series&ID=17367&type=Alarm

blazer2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

I have a diode from each door trigger wire, then they all come together into the alarm - door trigger wire.  According to the dei sheet, in the footnotes it lists all of the door trigger wires and their locations at the pcm.  I double checked them all with the test light to confirm. 

Otherwise it says to use the dome light, but im having problems finding the dome light wire, and I thought their might be some problems since the dome light stays on after you get out of the car.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic