Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
glad i can help you guyz out
Overcranked23 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

I take back all the nice things that I said about you mike now I have to but you in my black book! LOL

what happens when you wire the relays in parrel When you do that with speakers the resistance goes down so what happens with relays?

And do you wire them 85+'s to 85+'s    and 86-to 86-? 

don't fowl the track
mikeshonda750 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

Well.. to wire it in parallel... all you do is increase the ammount of relays, and the ammount of hot wires running from the battery, and use each relay to trigger the next. So take 4 relays(example) ING+ to Pin 85. 86 to next relays 85, 86 to next relays 85, 86 to next relays 85, 86 to ground. Now, when the 1st relay sees 12V+, it will trigger all the relays. Or you could do some digging and find a higher amperage relay and eleminate the need for many relays.

I suppose you could run a 4gauge wire and splice into it with 12gauge wire from the battey for your relays(pin 87) but a more reliable way would be to use (if using 4 relays) 4 - 10gauge wires all fused seperately comming off of the battery running to your "relay box". then, if you wanted just a single terminal that could supply 120amps of power, tie all your pin30's together and make a giant hot wire..... but i would feel alot safer if you kept all the relays seperate and used them to power seperate pins.

That answer your question man?

Overcranked23 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

I am not sure But I think that the Parallel config example above is actually a Series config.

This is the defintions according to MECP Study guide

A series circuit is established when a circuit  components are connected is a string end to end so that only one common terminal is shared between two componets and they share the same current

a paraell connection iiiexists when circuit elements are connected so that two ternumals are shated and voltage is common across the shared elements...

Would that not mean that you example is wired in a series not in parallel?

don't fowl the track
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic