Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snowdeath 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

I need an amp to power two 10w6v2's

What amps would you recommend: brands / models 

I know I need something 800w rms but what brand and model amps do you recommend to get the best out of these subs

I'm looking to spend up to $550 on ebay for an amp.

ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
If you are willing to spend that much I would probably match the subs up with a JL Audio 500/1. I have seen this amp outperform many higher rated amps hands down. I highly recommend Jl amps as the quality of these amps are unsurpassed, what I like most about the JL Audio /1 amps is that they give you the same output no matter what, as long as the ohm load is between 1.5-4 ohms you are set. Also you don't need something that will put out 800 watts rms, rms on your subs is 400. You should be able to score the 500/1 on EBay for $350-$400 brand new. If you want another option Memphis Car Audio makes some really good amps and you should be able to score a 1000D for around $400, in fact I'm selling one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic