How to disable a steering wheel lock?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
proinstall wrote:
I don't see why some of you get all riled up..
Speaking only for myself. I personaly dont get bent out of shape over question such as yours. But, it does make me pause, and really think WHY???
proinstall wrote:
I don't really see when the knowledge of how a steering wheel lock comes into play when installing alarms..
Your initial reply was that it was of no concern of anyones, because you are fear full of others knowing your vehicle will be an easier target. So, I should not have to explain to you, that there IS alot of SOB's and other low lifes out there who are reading this forum just to learn, what your are asking now.
proinstall wrote:
And If I knew somebody I could ask in person that I think would have any idea about something like that I would ask.. but I'm posting online as there is nowhere else to turn..
If you were even remotely serious about learning how it worked, and how it can be removed. You would have simply went down to any dealership and ask any of the mechanics.
They would have taken 60 seconds to show you, were, and how it is accomplished.
In the end, the counter lock does serve a important purpose.
That being, to enable the steering wheel from being moved upon impact to the curb. Which will save you, and others financial hardship and loss of life.
Is having that ability to demo a vehicle that important to you, that safety is just an annoyance???
There is no valid reason you can offer, that would change my opinion on that.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
yeah what he said!!!How to disable a steering wheel lock? - Page 2 -- posted image.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

Personally I don't believe a word this dude has stated so far, matter of fact  "Going in a S2000.. that a bunch of people think I don't own How to disable a steering wheel lock? - Page 2 -- posted image.... but thats another thread.." and followed by  "All the car security I do I never really get into the car audio.. but the problem is 55-145mph with the top down I cant hear the stock stereo.. so I'm upgrading.. :P"

Now if you had this car why would you not have asked the dealer this or "but I'm posting online as there is nowhere else to turn.." I guess that a Honda dealer is nowhere near him to ask this same question.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
proinstall 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Bahahaaha.. well I'm not sure how it works up in Canada.. but the idiots that work at honda dealerships around here are people that well.. a) will never touch my car when it comes to anything at all ever again (after I got my car I had some minor tranny issues there is a TSB out for the 5th gear synchro as well as the clutch on my year, they tore down and rebuilt the tranny 4 times before they could get it working again).. b) wouldn't know a oil drain plug from a airbag harness.. and c) they would rather not take the time to answer such a question.. it isnt their job..

There are 2 honda dealerships in the area.. yet come spring when I'll be getting the rear end replaced (because of a clicking noise that was there since i got it) I'll be making a 2.5 hour drive to a 'more qualified honda dealership'

What part exactly do you not believe? I'm not into car audio? my S2000 is aero limited to 145 mph with the top down? or that you just can't plain hear music at 55-145 mph?

All you have to do is ask and I'll gladly answer.. but you don't need to assume..

And.. if you want a ride.. email me or find me on aim.. during the drive I may even pull out my title How to disable a steering wheel lock? - Page 2 -- posted image.

forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

Right, so how do you know about sound at 145 mph? Practice driving like an idiot do we? I know all about sound as it relates to open air vehicles, I also know about driving the speed limit. As far as your title, I can think of numerous ones for you, but I can't post them here. I know for sure that if I had your car and went into any Honda dealership I could get the answer that I needed. Your claims are flawed. If Honda has factory trained technicians, that have the same tools and tech support available to them country wide, one can find an answer at any dealership. Granted that a mechanic is the one working on the car and like audio there is good and bad mechanics, maybe a mechanic with more experience is what you should have seeked out. I'm not interested in a ride from someone who seems to know so little about things in general and can make such broad claims. Experience comes with time, which my friend has now run out for you.

proinstall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:

Right, so how do you know about sound at 145 mph? Practice driving like an idiot do we? I know all about sound as it relates to open air vehicles, I also know about driving the speed limit. As far as your title, I can think of numerous ones for you, but I can't post them here. I know for sure that if I had your car and went into any Honda dealership I could get the answer that I needed. Your claims are flawed. If Honda has factory trained technicians, that have the same tools and tech support available to them country wide, one can find an answer at any dealership. Granted that a mechanic is the one working on the car and like audio there is good and bad mechanics, maybe a mechanic with more experience is what you should have seeked out. I'm not interested in a ride from someone who seems to know so little about things in general and can make such broad claims. Experience comes with time, which my friend has now run out for you.

Ok.. now I'm still not sure why you have a stick up your ass.. or what your problem is with me.. but anywho..

Yes.. I have driven with the top down at 145mph when I tested the top speed in my car.. once.. I also autocross as much as possible during season and I like to think I have a fair amount of control over the vehicle..

And yes.. the mechanic that worked on my transmission was the 'most experienced' there as I was told.. I made sure of this when I brought the car in.. it still took him 4 tries.. if it took me 4 tries to put a rem start in a car the business would go elsewhere..

How to disable a steering wheel lock? - Page 2 -- posted image. Still not sure what you don't believe.. hmm..how bout some pictures and video.. yes.. at this point I don't really care anymore....

If you know the local area you can figure out where this picture is..

http://www.buffalo.edu/~tjf22/IMG_0250.JPG

This one was actually down in North Carolina on the outerbanks on a roadtrip for spring break last year..

http://www.buffalo.edu/~tjf22/IMG_0092.JPG

This one is in my garage.. just cleaning it up for next season..

http://www.buffalo.edu/~tjf22/logo/mycar.JPG

Hell.. heres even a pretty video of the digital dash.. How to disable a steering wheel lock? - Page 2 -- posted image.

http://www.buffalo.edu/~tjf22/digitaldash.MPG

and if you want pictures of anything specific let me know..

proinstall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
hmm.. on some of those pictures the link doesnt have the .JPG at the end.. so you may have to copy paste..
forbidden 
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Just wondering why you've been booted around from forum to forum? Asking questions that lead people to believe other things is also not in anyones best interest as well. This is not a pissing contest forum or a fight club, maybe I'm the only one who has spoken up about your posts and their content.
proinstall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

I've been booted around from forum to forum.. not sure what you mean?

and true.. posting such a thing on a public forum may not be in the best interest for the rest of the world.. but somebody could have easily PM'd me the information..

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
*Booming Moderator Voice*
The question was asked . . . The answer(s) were given . . . And clearly, there are those who still
do not comprehend the basics of security & road safety for others.
The End . . .
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic