icon

hornet 554t or viper 790xv?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
95stangw 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

If any one can point me to good prices on the viper791xv, hornet 554t or the clifford equivalent please send email to caballerojaguar@earthlink

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
791xv~~~260, buy clifford if you want the diff color remote, and clifford is ~~10-20bucks more than viper
554t~~~160
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
car_know_it_all 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  
Viper Versus Hornet...
Hornet
You hear alot about Viper being one of the best, and me being a Professional Auto security installer and customizer I must agree, but I have tested BOTH products, the hornet being most recent, and I stick with the hornet.
Take it from me, Hornet are the best alarm around.
Hornet have so many features, Hornet alarms are reliable, have a great price tag and will deter nearly any car theif.
Good luck with choosing the alarm. And remember it is up to you. But if i were in your shoes, and your left shoe was hornet, and the right was viper, i'd pull the bottom off the left shoe. (what i mean is im sticking to hornets side, they ARE the best)!!!!!
hornet 554t or viper 790xv? - Page 2 -- posted image.
MotorMan
car_know_it_all 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged  
profuse007 wrote:
791xv~~~260, buy clifford if you want the diff color remote, and clifford is ~~10-20bucks more than viper
554t~~~160
A viper 554T?
you mean a hornet 554T mate, or are you talking about the viper 790 model?
do you know Anything about alarms or do u just sell em?
got bored so i though i would correct you.
MotorMan
95stangw 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

To anyone still posting on this thread:

I bought the alarm in february and its installed in the car. I did go with the viper 791xv.

profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
car_know_it_all wrote:
profuse007 wrote:
554t~~~160
A viper 554T?
you mean a hornet 554T mate, or are you talking about the viper 790 model?
do you know Anything about alarms or do u just sell em?
got bored so i though i would correct you.
huh?
791 ~220, viper's cousin ~240
554t ~160
huh? viper never had any 2way sold for ~160.
fine, let me add
viper 791 ~220, viper's cousin,, rsx3.5 ~240
hornet 554t ~160
there!!! happy?   lol
Houston,TX
whcollier 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
profuse007... maybe some people just simply like to have the best when it comes to securing their vehicles that they paid so much time, money, and attention to in any thing in life you get what you pay for, and cheaper simply means in most things lesser quality so for my $32,000.00 2002 Dodge Ram Truck I will not put anything less than the best which is the DEI brand of alarms and products. like the 791XV which I have in my truck... and to top that off they also have the Viper 200Gps module that interfaces with the 791 XV ESp2 system... which means if the theifs do steal the truck. then you can track it and have it recovered within a few hours of being stolen.... and there are adapters that allow you to interface the security system through a dvd video system and configure the alarms functions on screen with a remote instead of the valet/program button (how many other alarms allow that option?) not to mention the bitwriter port and pc interface for alternate programming options??? so all in all you really get more bang for the buck when you start weighing out cost of the system, and available options and so on.... so spend cheaply get cheaply made products... for my Trucks.... I use nothing but the best I wouldnt care if it cost $300.00 more than another toV brands alarm, it wouldnt compare to the piper 791XV no way shape or form so trust your prized vehicle to a cheaper system ... but not this kid I say my $32,000.00 Dodge Ram is well worth the $229.00 and to go a step further it doesnt belong to the bank, its paid for lock stock and barrel... so I loose not the bank and the insurance company
profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
well from experience, i learned that all viper/clifford/hornet/valet 2-ways have the same feature and function and the 554t's range is just as bad as all the other one.
if you want to kill ur wallet just for the "rebadge" products, then thats ur problem.
Houston,TX
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

where do i start?   you are obviously not very familiar with the DEI products....  you are right the Viper, Clifford and Python models are essentially the same units....

BUT, they are substantially different from the Hornet, Valet and Avital 2 ways....   The V/C/P models are true Responder units... they broadcast on an FSK FM bandwidth which allows for superior range &  obstruction penetration, as well as the fact  they broadcast on a split bandwidth in real time, ( they broadcast on one frequency and recieve on another ) which equates into far quicker security notification....( essentially realtime )

The H/A/V units broadcast on an ASK AM system with reduced range and building penetration... as well as broadcasting and receiving on the same frequency... so it transmits for 15 seconds, then stops, goes into receive for 15 seconds, then stops and transmits again, etc..... this allows for a potential security lag time of 30 seconds or more between the time the alarm is triggersed and the time it beeps on the remote....

i've had a Hornet 2 way in my vehicle and now a Clifford 3.5.... and i can say that the true Responder units are substanially better than the lower priced Hornet type units....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
car_know_it_all 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2004 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
profuse007 wrote:
well from experience, i learned that all viper/clifford/hornet/valet 2-ways have the same feature and function and the 554t's range is just as bad as all the other one.
if you want to kill ur wallet just for the "rebadge" products, then thats ur problem.
And what exactly would you go with profuse077? A Mongoose alarm? Maybe a Rhino...or maybe your car is only worth a Kmart auto section alarm system... they only cost 40 bux...and ya get what ya pay for.. my dad is a pro with hornets and other DEI stuff and yah i am here telling you that you cant get better than DEI.. im sure Kmart's el-cheapo alarm would last a lifetime and have better range then the alarms made by one of if not THE largest auto security company..pfft idiot
MotorMan
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic