icon

1996 Altima Keyless How to?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gcloys 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, not putting in the remote start.  I'll give it a try as suggested.
newbie6
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
you dont need relays just tap into that is all!! the unit that is blue is the smart entrance unit and yes the door lock wires are there!! I would not get power there though! Just supply your unit with power from the thick white wire that runs to the ignition!!!
gcloys 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
I'm getting nothing at purple and gray.  I'm grounded, powered up, the unit is clicking when the remote is hit, and I've alternated the units wires between terminals.  Any clues?
newbie6
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Did u test the wires i told u with a meter?? you need to make sure that those are the door lock wires!! They may need a stronger ground this can only be done after u absolutely know those are the door lock wires! Ok pull out the harnes u taped into try the door locks from the switch if they still work u are in the wrong harness!! Make sure the unit says smart entrance control unit!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
next u can take the switch out of the drivers door and check the colors there see if you then can find tehm in the kick panel area!! These wires are at the control unit I have done this car many times it is there!!!!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
ok those are not the right wires!! take them off there NOW dont use them !! you are looking for gray/blue for lock and grey/red for unlock these wires are at the door lock timer this is a black or green box that is right of the fuse box behind some silver module or above it!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
ok those are not the wires for a 96 the post above is the correct wires for a 96 the wires i gave you are correct for a 98 if you have a 98 then they are at that smart entrance unit!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
the smart entrance is a blue box looking thing to the right side of the column !!Is that where you are at ?? Listen make sure those wires are a ground when the key is turned in the doors and try testing from the switch in the car they should show a ground when the lock is pressed and a ground on the other wire whne unlock is pressed> If you have a meter this is easily acomplished if not you can cut one of the wires and see if u lose operation of door locks in one direction if so u have the rigght wires. From there you can take a wire splice into it and touch the other end to chassis of car the doors should lock or unlock. If this works then you need 2 relays to supply a strong ground to these wires!!
gcloys 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your help.  I put the module back on the harness and drew power from the WHITE/ blue constant 12v mentioned earlier and plugged the lock unlock wires from the unit into the gray and pink.  I did this all where the wires come out of the brake module.  I got the lock to react but only to unlock not to lock.  Then I switched them around. I'm not sure if it was this or if my power wire shorted but I blew the module!!  What a dumbass move huh!!  I pulled the module apart and and soldered the bridge that blew (I was lucky that I found it) and got it to work again.  I'll take a look at it again later and follow all your advise.  YOU ARE AN AWESOME source of info. Thanks for all your help and I'll repost when I go through it. 
newbie6
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Listen you said in your post grey and pink I NEVER SAID PINK I SAID PURPLE!!DID U CONNECT TO A PINK WIRE?Did u blow the alarm or the cars smart entrance?? Also u say brake module why are u there?? YOU would be better off supling constant 12 volts from the ignition harness, and not using that smart entrance to power your unit!!! It Is a thick white wire that i would use to supply the keyless entry power, never the smart entrance control unit wire! The white wire is located in the harness that comes from the back of the ignition switch this will supply a strong 12 volts at all times!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic