icon

1996 Altima Keyless How to?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gcloys 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I meant purple.  I blew the "smart entrance" or power door module as I'm calling it.  I'm kinda tired so I'm typing the wrong stuff..  Didn't mean to say brake module.  I'll make sure I pull off at the white constant power at the ignition. When I first hooked it up I pulled the harness out of the module and tapped into the purple and grey into the harness to see if it would work before I cut any wires.  Then I put the harness back into the module and tapped into the wires from the back where the go into the module. I got a response when I hit the keyless switch but only unlock no lock.  The module is fine now.  I'll tap into the purple and grey with the power of the white ignition and see if I can get it to work.  Wonder why it would work when I bypassed the module?  The alarm unit was powered and should have sent the negative pulse to the locks  to switch them.   
newbie6
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
hey bro you need to invest in a decent meter before messing with wires!! Bad things can and usually will happen!! No wiring diagram can be 100 percent so dont always trust them they are reference material only just as me or anyone else on this forumn. It seems to me that whatever wire you tapped for your constant cannot handle that load you placed on it(that is why i said dont go there instead go to the ignition wires them self).
Also you have unpluged the wiring harness from the door lock control unit-- The door locks should not have worked at all!!! Inside that module are the relays that control the factory locks as well as other convienece features to your car, when it is upluged the doo rlocks should not work at all because the relays never get triggered (unless you where in the wrong harness of course) When i told you to cut one of the suspect wires it was only to verify that you had the correct wire assuming you had no meter there is no better way to do it! But i meant for you to keep the harness pluged in while it was cut to see if you lost operation of lock or unlock!
I am 98 percent sure that the colors provided are correct but who knows there may be more wires of the same color so you need to test them first to verify.
The wire colors provided to you where negative pulse taht means tehy need negative pulse to operate you dont want to send tehm a positive or you may screw things up.
It is also posible that you may need to add a relay for the locks to operate(although i dought this)the relay would boost the ground signal to operate the locks.
Best recomdation is buy a cheap dmm(digital multimeter) then finish the job please dont play with wires without one and dont use test light (thats a whole other story)
I wish you the best luck in getting your locks working and i hope you did not damage the unit to bad
gcloys 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
I've got a meter.  Thats how I found the constant 12v.  I'm sure that the colors you gave me are right.  Like I said before, I got some response when I tapped to them so I'll hook it up with the correct color to color.  I was lucky to not have screwed the module up for good.  Everything is working like it should after I soldered the blown bridge. I've got all my locks working with the door switches.  That makes sense about the enternal relays.  I thought they would be in the circuit somewhere else, not in the control module.  Anyway, I'll get to it tommorrow.  Thanks for being so helpful and putting up with my stupidity
newbie6
rod2envy 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
I must say this is the easiest car ever to install a remote start, thank you all guys 1996 Altima Keyless How to? - Page 3 -- posted image.
"You are either good or not good"
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic