icon

2002 Tahoe - Passlock II

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thesasquatch 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

BIG TROUBLES WITH CLIFFORD RS3.5 REMOTE START!!!   HELP!!!!!!!

About 9 months ago, I had a Clifford RS 3.5 installed in my '02 Z71 Tahoe and the remote start has never functioned properly since!!  It always starts fine, but when I get in the car, and turn the key to the "On" position, the security light comes-on EVERY TIME!!

Does anyone know what the problem is? I've paid 2 shops $$ so far to try and figure it out. They haven't yet.  The shop that did it claims that it's all setup right.  could my module just be bad?  I'm fairly certain that they put the RIGHT passlock II piece in. They even changed it to a different passlock piece to try and fix the problem.

ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!!

Regards,

BigHairyGuy in Utah

2002 Z71 Tahoe
Kenwood x979
(2) JL12W3's
Phoenix 500.4 & 800.1
MBQuart Qseries
-BigHairyGuy
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
does the car shut off or not run when the key put in?
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
did they sell you a DEI 555L to bypass passlock during remote start?
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
what bypass module are you using???
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
thesasquatch 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys.

Thanks for the reponses.  I hate to say this.....but I'm not sure WHICH model of passlock II module they used. I'm basically just regurgitating what I've heard them saying while trying to fix it.  All I know is, I took my tahoe back to the installer because THIS PROBLEM STARTED AFTER ABOUT 3 MONTHS. When I took it back to him, he said "yeah.....i used a non-clifford passlock module and I wondered if this would start happening". (OR MAYBE HE SAID A NON-DEI module....I"m not sure). So he then put-in "the proper module" ;) But it didn't fix A THING. 

To answer your question BMF1000d -guy, the car always starts and runs fine....but the security light remains ON and solid until I turn-off the car and restart.  However, a couple of times right after this security light problem started, i would come-out to my car and it would be attempting to start itself over and over but couldn't completely start. So I'd get-in and try to start it with the key and the fuel-shut-off had been activated and I couldn't start it until putting the key in and turning it to the "ON" POSITION for about 30 seconds. The installer said this would reset the security fuel-shut-off. But that's only happened a couple times.

It just really seems like my stock GM system is treating my Clifford like a virus. It works but it seems like it knows there's something foreign in the system.

ONE OTHER THING THAT MAY HELP ---- just within the last few weeks, the remote start no longer beeps and signifies that I've inserted the key and turned-it to "ON". It originally would beep two short beeps when I would put the key in and put my foot on the break to drive away. BUt now, it no longer beeps and the remote start exhaust icon remains on the keyless remote indicator until I hit the "lock" button after I get out of the car and lock it.  So the entire time I'm driving, the "start" icon with the little exhaust smoke icon remains on the screen now. It seems like everything is getting progressively worse.

Anyway - sorry for the long explanations.  THANKS FOR THE INPUT --- KEEP SHOUTING MY WAY AND MAYBE I'LL BE ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT~!!

-BigHairyGuy

2002 Z71 Tahoe
Kenwood x979
(2) JL12W3's
Phoenix 500.4 & 800.1
MBQuart Qseries
-BigHairyGuy
circus boy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
just a guess but did they hook up the 2nd ign? i belive its white wire in the ign harness that would do it or the second acc. wire would also do that i would think the brown acc wire have them check that
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
if best buy would have put it in, youd have a life time warranty on the labor performed on your vehicle.  did the shop you go to offer as a part of doing the install for you?
thesasquatch 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  

As for the wiring Circus Boy, I totally appreciate the input and I'll pass those questions along to the guy who's redoing my system this week (New Kenwood x979, new fiberglass box molded to match rear of tahoe, Sirius, etc. ;-)

As for the warranty questions SRoth, that's the sad news. The Clifford RS3.5 (as you may know) is one of the most expensive alarm systems and usually costs around $1000 with installation. I have a friend who owns a pretty big stereo shop and they ordered it for me for cost which was like $200. Then, I had another mom & pop shop who was doing my tint put the alarm in for $100. So I really did okay on the price and they're willing to keep trying to fix it......but they're not getting anywhere. I'd pay a guy $200 right now JUST to friggin' fix the thing!  lol

Anyway, Keep the brain-churn going. All the suggestions are well-appreciated.

-BigHairyOne

2002 Z71 Tahoe
Kenwood x979
(2) JL12W3's
Phoenix 500.4 & 800.1
MBQuart Qseries
-BigHairyGuy
supra1988 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
Hey,
Make sure you tell them to double check to make sure the 2nd ignition is connected. Also, the module we always use is available from crimestopper or omega and it is called a pl-data. I have NEVER had an issue with using this module for passlock II(only on malibus). this in my opinion is the best module you can use for this application.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
by the way if yhe second ignition was not hooked up, your tranny would be history by now, what I think it is that the alamr is not deactivating the bypass module after you have inserted the key and stepped on the brake, and as far as the remote not beeping, I have had that happen before, you need to get a new remote to fix that, there is a glitch in their remotes and cannot be fixed.  when you step on the brake make sure that you hear the relays shut off, and if not then thei did not hook up your brake wwire or it got disconnected.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic