icon

04 honda accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Got an 04 accord coming in tomorrow, so can anyone send me the wire info for this car?   Also does this car use the 555H or the 555U bypass module?   Also is there anything surprising i should watch for when i'm installing this system?
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
forgot one other thing.....anyone know how to program a 3rd key?   is it like the fords or does the honda dealer have to go in with a special computer to program it?
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Honda will have to code it . And they have the remote built in to the head of the key.
Joe O'Byrne
Owner / Installer
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
The 555H will not work. I have heard the 555i might work, but I'm not sure. I use the PKH3 from bypasskit.com on the 03+ Accords. The car comes with 3 keys. Two of them have the remote control built in, the other key is the valet key without the remote built in. Make sure the customer brings that key in if they are going to sacrifice one. Additional keys must be coded at dealer.
If the car has the factory alarm (EX models only I think) you will need to run two wires into the door (one for arm, one for disarm). Colors are white and WHITE/ red at window switch. There is a molex plug in the door with a ton of grease on it.. If you undo the plug you can run two wires thru existing unused holes in the plug. I use 22 gauge wire because the holes are really small. They can probably be drilled out if you have to use larger wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic