icon

I rule! Faceplate seperated from deck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
We've done work like that for years.  Try mounting face in the deep gm mirror and using "two mirror" for the lens.  When its lit up the diplay shines through ( course you use the remote for control ), anyyou still can see whats behind you, and when its off, its stealth.
soup 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

lspker wrote:
We've done work like that for years.  Try mounting face in the deep gm mirror and using "two mirror" for the lens.  When its lit up the diplay shines through ( course you use the remote for control ), anyyou still can see whats behind you, and when its off, its stealth.

That is an awesome idea! I don tthink I will do that in my car, I put a larger deeper mirror in my car to see what it would look like, and being such a small car, it looked real stupid...  I am definately doing that on my next car though! That is awesome!

shredder130 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
i don't know, but those wires are pretty large to hide, when i removed the faceplate from my old dsp i used computer ribbon cable cause it just looked neater and was flat and easy to hide
mecpcert_1 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
nice job. how about installing the face into one of your visors?
do it right the first time....less warranty work=more money!:)
Fender2martin 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
I have been rading this post since it was orignally created... and have spoken to a few people on how i cna do this myself...  I was wondering if anyone could giv eme a more comprehensive tutorial on exactly all the matierials i will need.  Thanks a TON for any help anyone can give me!
Fender2martin 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Any help?
soup 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

it really depend on what deck, and how it is connected to the faceplate. For my pioneer, it has a flat connector with 5 copper pads on teh top and 6 on teh bottom, when pushed up against the deck, they connected to corresponding pins.

You want to get a nice soldering iron (variable temp would be better so you dont burn through the circuitry) and you want a fine pencil point tip. I just used 20 awg wire because I had it kicking around, and it was the perfect size to solder onto the pads. I had tried to use a phone cord, but I couldnt get the solder to stick between the wire and the pads.. not sure why. I guess you could try using the wires mentioned above, a ribbon cable would work good.

IT is really straight forward, solder a wire between the one connector to the other.

In my opinion, if you dont know how to solder, or can't understand how to connect the two from looking at it, I wouldn't suggest attempting it yourself.
If you do attempt it, and still need to find a deck, I just installed a panosonic in my buddies Talon, and they have rather large connectors on them. It would take me about 10 minutes to connect cables to that panosonic, where i took me a few days to do it right on my pioneer. 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic