icon

location of amps in boat! any suggestion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kayak Jones 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that in the hatch is a very bad idea. Most boats engines, stern drive I/O at least, are made with sound reduction material inside the hatch cover, for obvious reasons. This material also prevents the timely escape of heat buildup from the engine area. In otherwords, it gets hotter than a mofo in there. You know this evry time you stop and open the hatch. Do you really want ANY of your system in there?
dontnojack 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
great points, taken very well. I am planning on putting the amps under the console, where my one amp is now. The sub I'm not real sure about yet. I have to get my boat in my shop and get it uncovered to take a look at the space available etc. My sub box is a 1.0 cu. foot box, so it isn't overly large. I might even have enough room under the passengers console for that. I'll have to look.   thanks again everyone. J.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic