Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

TTT for my most important constraint.. time.. :(

anyone?

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
I would still go with the JL w7, or an older series jl w6 8 inch i have seen (3) 8inch w6 jl's hit 151.3, it blew my mind, but was a great set-up
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
all you truly need for a single 8 inch jlw7 is 250 watts rms, i understand you need to keep it cheap and all but do you wunna have a cruddy subwoofer that you will want to replace by the begining of summer? if i were you i would wait for a w7 or a higher quality sub because even a medium grade single 8 inch wont produce a ton of bass. so maybe if you could borrow some money or something haha it may be worth it
killerc 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
punch he 2, jl w7, kicker cvr will work well i have 2 cvr's in a mustang and they jam
it's a westbank thang
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
2 8in cvrs? i dunno if the cvr is made in an 8inch, same thing for the punch he2 , go with jl w7 i tell you
staudio 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
The problem with the JL 8w7 is it has a mounting depth of like twice the normal 8", so since its enclosure is already built the 8w7 might be to big, not to mention it has a hefty price tag for an 8". If your looking for a good economic 8, go with the rockford, or event look at some of the audiobahns. The L7 would require modification of the mounting hole. Hope this helps since you've got a time crunch.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2004 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

The JL W7 has a depth of 6.83". His enclosure should be at least 7 inchs deep anyway. Audiobahn is crap. If you want a less expensive but still good 8" look at JL's 8" W3v2. It wouldn't be as good as the W7 but still would be about as a 10" sub. It has a mounting depth of 4.31" but still has an x max of about 9.9 mm. Its reccomended enclosure volume is very close to what yours is also.

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/8W3v2_MAN.pdf

cdjr 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2004 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

Here are a few good subs that should fit your space. The sealed enclosure specs for these fit in with your gross .38cuft .

I think that the 8w7 has a much larger recommended sealed volume than you have available.

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/8w3v2.html

http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/8a.htm
http://www.diamondaudio.com/MobileAudio/index.cfm?page=Subwoofers#

need a good 8 inch sub.. suggestions? - Page 2 -- posted image.

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

the W7 likes about .875 cubic feet so your box wouldn't be right for it. Just go with the any of the above^

elv1d1 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2004 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

I just recently completed an exhausting search for a replacement 8.  I was running for 8's in my explorer.  Yes, I broke down and went for 10's instead.  But that was due to the following.  Manuf. have moved away from 8 inch subs due I guess to lack of demand.  I am pretty sure the JL w7 will be physically too deep to fit your needs.  I suspect any of the piston type subs will be.  Fosgate makes an 8 in the HX2 line.  As well as the new p series(piston style).  The HX2 is more likely to fit your space and give you a pretty impressive response.  Diamond, makes a DVC also that is fantastic on SQ.  Audiobahn makes a competition style 8 that although I have never heard it.  Sure looked impressive. And then of course you can find a 8 inch sub in all the basic lines (pioneer, sony, JBL, etc...)  I would go with the Fosgate for volume.  You mentioned road noise at 45mph.  This car may not lend itself to any type of true sound quality.  I have 3- Fosgate 4-ohm XLC's, they are of course used.  But since I have no plans for them I would get rid of them cheap.  Contact me if you are interested.  Good Luck.  Also JL makes an 8 in the W0 and W3 series.  Not quite so massive, and you can never go wrong with a JL sub.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic