icon

Pacifica In-Dash DVD Player

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rchanadet 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

I recently purchased a new Chrysler Pacifica. The Pacifica came with an in-dash 6 disc cd/dvd changer. The dealer offered an LCD screen but we didn't purchase it. I have acquired an aftermarked LCD that I plan to install into the passenger headrest. The missing link is a harness to adapt the player to the screen. What I basically need is a wiring adapter to go from the back of the player and adapt to standard RED / WHITE/ yellow RCA plugs. I've been told by the folks at the dealership parts department that what I'm looking for doesn't exist but I can't believe that nobody has figured this out yet. This player has been around for a couple of years so someone's bound to have run across a way to make it work by now.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ramey

mrsport2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I have been researching the same issue myself. The CD DVD changer is manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric and is their part number DV-6204CI-RS. I was able to get a wiring diagram but have not found a harness. Post you email address and I will send you the PDF that they sent me showing the pin outs. One key thing that is missing is that the remote appears to be part of the actual radio unit not the DVD. I'm not sure if the CD / Radio unit has the ability to accept an IR sensor for this function. I will share more as I figure this out. Have you had any luck?

Mark

rchanadet 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

I actually have had success getting video to my screen. I have the screen mounted in the passenger headrest and it's beautiful. The audio simply plays through the car's speaker system and that's fine. On the top of the DVD player there is a simple wiring diagram which steered me towards the proper pins for the video. By using pins 5 and 6 I was able to get a standard video signal which works great on the screen. The wiring isn't pretty because I don't have the harness but it looks great on the screen.

My only remaining issue is the remote, like you said. I believe that the proper connections are in the vehicle to make the remote control the DVD player. I don' t have proof of that but it makes sense since the CD unit does work as a controller by allowing me to move through the tracks of the DVD. And there is an IR sensor on the CD player itself. I think all I need to do is get the remote. According to the folks at Mopar the remote comes with the Chrysler screen which I find absurd. When I buy a DVD player from the store it comes with a remote. It's not like I have to buy a TV with it in order to get a remote control!!!

I'm trying to battle it out with the dealership. Maybe if I make enough of a nuissance of myself they'll give it to me but if not I believe it can be ordered directly from Mopar as a replacement part for around $50.

I even wouldn't worry about the remote because most DVD's play fine simply by using the up and down track button on the CD player but there are a few DVD's that absolutely require you to make a selection from the menu and press the "select" button. (like picking the format of the movie between normal and widescreen) On those ones I can't get the movie to play past that point at all.

I'll leave an email address you can send me the diagram you have. If it's different than the one on top of the unit I'll send you a copy of that one as well.

Thanks,

Ramey
rameyinva@yahoo.com

Llajumpvid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

Just a quess but the IR eye relay is probably in the monitor. that is why the remote goes with the monitor.  

I'm throwing this out there with no idea if it would work...could a home component learning remote be used?  perhaps a dealership would let you programm a learning remote from one of their's? or easier borrow the remote to see if it would control the deck before ordering one?  maybe some of the preprogrammed remotes work???

rchanadet 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

You're right in that there is an IR eye in the monitor. There is also one on the dashboard of the vehicle. And the instructions in the manual for the car state that the remote can be pointed at the dash directly.

I thought of doing the learning remote thing but wasn't sure if the folks at the parts department would be cool enough to let me borrow the factory one. Then if I ever let the batteries of the remote go completely out I'm outta luck again and have to go back to the dealer. And then, God forbid that the DVD player is a newer model and uses different remote codes.

I'll try setting one of my universal remotes to a Mitsubishi DVD player (if I can find the codes for one) and let you all know how it works.

Thanks,

Ramey

mrsport2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
My CD/ Radio does not have the IR sensor on it. At least not on the front. I visted the dealership today and Cars with the rear video have the IR sensor, at least I think so, on right side of the CD \ Radio on the front. The remote can be ourchased for +/- $30.00 from the dealership.
rchanadet 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah... that's exactly where mine is: on the right side of the CD player.
rchanadet 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Now you've got me thinking. Does your cd player also have a cassette player on it? I noticed in the manual that there were more than one factory cd player that could come with the car. I bet we may simply have different cd players. If that's the case you may have some problems getting the remote to work at all with your current deck.
mrsport2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
I do not have a cassette player. Do you have one in yours? I sent you the wiring diagram
mrsport2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
What monitors did you use? Do you have any pitcures that you can share?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic