icon

97 crown vic- where are unlock/lock wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
webnetxpress 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

ok, i have a wiring diagram and know that the lock/unlock for my car (does not have factory keyless entry) are suppose to be in the driver's kick panel.  I have the colors for them.  But I spent 30 minutes looking and couldn't find them there.  Did I miss them?

There are three harnesses that have connectors at the kick panel, none seemed to contain them.  Are they running straight to the fuse panel or something?

I'm trying to wire up the DEI 451M in my rattler 369d for the remote lock/unlock. 

Thanks in advance.

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
some times ford likes to run a set of wires up and behind the e brake you may want to check them there. IF nothing else you can get them from the boot in the door
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
webnetxpress 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  
ok, i'll try that.  i know they are pink / YELLOW and pink/green.  I found them at the switch to confirm, but couldn't find them anywhere "easy" at the kick panel.  I'll have to pull the harnesses out a bit and the insulation and see what's behind the e-brake.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
They may be able to be found low in the kick panel under the carpet there should be wires running to the back i think u may be able to catch them there.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
they are way up there... i always go to the PKP and its way easier to grab them there
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
webnetxpress 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  

PKP = ??

what is that/where is that?

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
passenger kick panel    sometimes you'll also find them in the loom going to the rear of the car on the drivers side under the drivers door sill plate
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Mr_Fusion 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Remove the hood release and the white plastic that those 3 connectors attach to and then pull back the insulation near the e-brake to expose the wires coming out of the door boot. It is kinda awkward to access them there so it might be easier to access them though the passenger kick panel.
webnetxpress 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
my directions mention a "master" switch or set of cables.  Would this make a difference if I were to grab them from the PKP vs. the driver's side?  (this is just the last thing for me to hookup on the RS install and then I'm home free! :)
Detective 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

If I'm not mistaken you don't see the wires because as soon as they enter the vehicle they go up through the side of the body well to the dash where they probably go to the passenger's side where the most likely end point is the keyless entry behind the glove box. You might even find the keyless entry actually mounted into the body well with a single bolt to the bracket wich keeps it in place. If it does not have keyless entry then they simply go into the passenger's door then return to the driver's motor through the same route.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic