icon

clifford 790xv doesnt respond

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quixs1lver 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 790xv alarm that comes with that fat ugly white remote, and everything works on that. so i bought a clifford RS 3.5 remote(the carbon fiber one) and  it works and all like it can send recieve. but when it comes to recieving it sometimes wont recieve anything at all...to explain in further more. i have to remotes in my hand the CF one and the FAT white one. i push lock on the CF remote, the car arms and send a signal to the white remote. and both shows lock, i push unlock on the FAT WHITE REMOTE, car unlocks the FAT WHITE REMOTE shows unlocked but the CF remote still shows locked. if i remote start with CF remote the WHITE remote shows it remotes start, i get in and turn the key to ON push the brake the remote start turns of, and the big fat WHITE remote beeps confirming the remote start has been decactivated, but the CF remote still shows it still remote started. and etc etc
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
You may have to program the CF remote to the brain 4 more time inorder to clear out the white one then program the white back in that way the CF will be the dominate remote
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
quixs1lver 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  
well i figured it out. i guess when i was messing around with light features and all that good stuff i pressed the star button which turn of the checking/responding feature.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic