icon

what subs are best?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, yes i'm using a 1000 watt sony xplod amp. and i am pumping it out to two1 10" sony xplod subs

they are not top of the line brand. but they are decent.

All i pumping out of it is DISTORTION!!!! lolz  but yeah

i'm looking for better subs... What brand type of subs should i look at? what type of brand subs are best at hitting distortion.   I've seen some genric brand subs with large amounts of Magnet.....? so what should i do?

southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2004 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
 i got those sonys too but i got the p5 series. i got a 1600w mono amp also sony. i had cerwin vega before an they banged pretty hard. those cheap subs with big magnets are trash they blow pretty easy. it all depends on what kind of bass an how loud u want your system to be.
southsider
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2004 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  

sony hummmm what subs are best? -- posted image.

I currently have in my car tsw-2000 pioneer premeer, and all I have to them is 1400 according to my amp...they sound great

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2004 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
 man pioneer subs at least the one i heard from best buy are garbage. like i said it all depends on what kind of bass your looking for in your car an what kind of car u got. if u got a boat or mid sized or a clown car it all depends.
southsider
Clean Install 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2004 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  

Best Buy does not carry these subs ( at least not here) the 12s I have a 750rms/2000peak.....A little more than those (if they are the pioneer at our best buy)

TSW-2000 about 300-350 a each

southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
 naw those at best buy aren't that big. but i like cerwin vega an rockford they got a new line out that are hot too. but audiobaun is ok too.
southsider
Clean Install 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
AudioBLING....I hear ya though I like rockford...cant wait to hear the T1's...plus I think that a speaker made Mb Quart will be good thats just me
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
never heard of those but those rocks are gunna be tight
southsider
Clean Install 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  

I meant audiobahn what subs are best? -- posted image., say did you hear about  the RF Hummer?

lordliquid 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  

It's quite simple, really. JL Audio. Nothing else needs to be said. ;) If you're looking to buy cheap, you can look for used stuff, in speakers it's not going to make a whole lot of difference. Just make sure that everything looks good, and they arent blown, and there are no holes in the rubber/cone and you'll be in good shape. I personally was running 2 Cerwin Vega 12"s (old series vegas, not the new crap they make) in my Toyota until I wrecked it. They  are really good speakers, but you might have problems finding them anymore. Now, I am saving trunk space and pumping 600 watts of RF power into a single JL Audio 10w6. (Well, I will be when I get all my wiring and stuff done.) If you're buying new, then I would recommend JL, they consistently deliver high performance equipment, and it will be under warranty. A lot has to do with the type of sound you want, also, though... so you almost have to find a local dealer and go listen to the differences in the sounds if you are not already familiar with them.

LordLiquid
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic