icon

Liquid Plastic?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CarAudioHelp 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
You can get both products at an auto body supplier. These are the guys that supply body shops. Check your Yellow Pages. SEM and 3M both make a texture spray which is around $15. The liquid plastic is also made by several companies. I get the 3M Rigid Parts Epoxy, Automix part 05883. It's about $25 for a kit.
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
i got mine from a local body shop. they had it at their warehouse so i got it the next day. its the dominion sureseal and it works great. someone else makes it too but you have to buy the gun for it.
always looking for new info and willing to give it
CarAudioHelp 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2004 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
The Automix is similar to the Dominion product and doesn't require a gun. The Duramix line does require a gun and there are several products available in that line.
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2004 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
yeah thats what it was, i couldnt remember the name..duramix.
always looking for new info and willing to give it
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, thanks for the responses.  I kinda gave up on this thread until I ran across it again trying to do some research.  I found the liquid plastic at my local body shop after hours of explaining what it is.  I finally brought my laptop down and showed them the hzemall website and they knew exactely what is was.  I ordered the texture grain from 3M, and finished my project.  I would recommend testing the texture grain before spraying it on your final project.  Anyway, I would have never done this without the help of this site.  Thanks again to all, and it's about time "hzemall" joins us "newbies"!!!!!!!!
davedyer79
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic