icon

what are some good 10 subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aem7506 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  

i just did a install in my buddies sierra.. doors were replaced with polk components and had dual 10 kicker cvrs. dont get me wrong ive never really heard eclipses hit but i have to 12 inch kicker cvrs and havent found a speaker i like more... just putting in my imput

<<98 Mercury Mountaineer>>
"Sound"
Pioneer DEH7300
Pioneer 5/7 (4)
12'Kicker compvr (2)
900 Rockford Fosgate Amp (2)
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  

A set of MB Quart 4" reference components up front, 4" reference coaxs in back, and 2 10" eclipse aluminums would be sweet.

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
can i ask what your reason for not putting your 12" kickers into your new vehcile, i mean if your moving the amp why not the subs too?
Quad L Handyman services
shane7643701 
Copper - Posts: 41
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
to make a box for the 12's, well it will stick out past  the rear seat
live in your world, come play in mine
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

framedragger wrote:
get the eclipse....from my experiences even though mine ended up damaged because of it being underpowered

Just to clarify, they didn't break due to "underpower."  They broke because of amplifier clipping or from being in the wrong enclosure.  "Underpower" does not break subs, improper system setup breaks subs.

Support the12volt.com
alex75 
Copper - Posts: 134
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
I was sub shopping yesterday for a new 12.  I listened to a new Alpine Type R 10 in a factory built bandpass box.  They were powering it w/ an Alpine V-series mono sub amp(the little one that says 700W on it for $199).  I was amazed w the bass coming from yhis single 10.  Although it was a bandpass box, it sounded clean.  I'm now considering a Type R 12 for my bass fix.
kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

i got a pair of kicker compVR 10's each one with just .96ft3 sealed.  the absolutely are some of the best sounding and hardest hitting subs i have ever owned.  i also have a pair of comp 12's, the 10's blow them away.  i had them on the same amp in boxes built to optimum air space and although the 12's sounded good, the 10's are phenominal, plus the fact that they don't take up hardly any room in my trunk, most people think i have a pair of 15's.  although i am pushing about 500 watts per sub,

eclipse is a very good brand, i used to sell them, but they are a bit pricey.  don't even think about a titanium under the seat in your truck. you have no where near enough room, the are a very deep sub, the mounting depth is almost 9".  you only have around 9" total under the seat, then you have to subtract wood thickness and ground clearance.  the comp vr10 has a mounting depth of about 5 1/2". trust me go with kicker

what!?!?! you want some??
ballajim 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Crossfire db' s and MTX 8000s have always been good choices and are now available cheaper since they have been out for a while.
shane7643701 
Copper - Posts: 41
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
so what do you guys think of the Mtx 8000's? should I get single or dual coil? my amp is a Kicker 800.2, do these subs give you good clean, hard hitting bass?
live in your world, come play in mine
dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hey just my opinion, i would go with the Power Acoustik FUBR-10 those are some great subs, now i don't know what kind of car you are putting them in, but i know they sound da** good in an explore and a ford mustang hatch! in a sloted port box!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic