icon

Bose Amp for a 97 Pathfinder needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dsevant 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the help guys.  Just two more questions.  First, what is it exactly that you guys don’t like about bose?  What makes it so inferior in your view?  One thing that complicates my removing the system is that I don’t want an amp that will be too large or too visible.  What would be ideal is if I can put one in the upholstery of the trunk above the left rear wheel, which is where the factory amp is placed in the pathfinder.  The problem here would be in finding an amp that would not overheat in this enclosed space.  This is why I was hoping to replace the clarion (imitation bose) amp I have now, (which I think may be going bad and causing the rear speakers to play low) with an authentic bose amp.  So the second question is do you guys know of a good amp that can replace the factory amp and fit where the factory amp fits.  Thanks guys.
dsevant 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
BTW Stevdart, thanks for the search suggestion.  It sounds like good advice.  I'll try it.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Bose is one step up above oem. They use paper woofers and tweeters just like the oem stuff. Bose's authentic amp is about the same as all other oem amps and produces 30 watts maximum on a good day. If you go the aftermarket way you will be much happier. It shouldn't be too hard to find an amp that will fit some where in your pathfinder like under a seat.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic