icon

audio tickets

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sobe_Death 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  

regarding the matter of the searching your car.  if the police ask to search your car, and they really want to, yet they have no probable cause, they can still get it searched.  it is very easy for the officer to say you were doing something suspicious when you werent, and even then if you say no, they can sometimes  impound your car for the noise violation, and just search it when it gets to the impound.  and then, stuff will probly get stolen...

happened to a very close friend of mine, while i was with him. it was a huge load of BS in a very small Georgia town. we ended up having to call for a ride home. not sure if he ever did get compensation for the wrongful impound.

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
I've gotten two tickets in my days of loud music...they suck too.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
I had a cop stop me at a light. He asked me if I knew why he pulled me over and I said no. He then said it was regarding my stereo. My box 4 my 4 12's is designed in such a way that it is impossible to see out my back window. I dont even have the rear view mirror on my windshield anymore because it was usless. I was sure that was his problem but he looked at me and said, How loud does it go. I was kinda taken back by this and asked if he was serious. He said he was and wanted me to turn it up. I looked at him and asked if I was gonna get a ticket for it and he said no. After a little hesitation I let the thing rip. after about 15 seconds he said to turn it down, looked at me and said "Sure is a lot louder than what Ive got in my car, Well see ya later" and he walked away. No check on plates, licsense etc, just wanted to see the stereo. I thought it was pretty funny. And for future reference, you dont have to be able to see out the back of your car if you have your two side mirrors.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
neonhomer 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
I recieved a ticket in Dayotna Beach about 5 yrs ago in a my 98 Neon w/ 2 15's (and they were generic 15's at that!)  $44 the ticket cost. The cop told me he could hear me more that 50ft away. (Shrug)
"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are..."
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
I'm always on the lookout for pos. I live right outside atlanta and a few of my friends have gotten tickets for their systems. Ive still been lucky to not get one. But im adding another 15 this summer so ill let yall know at the end of summer. lol
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
jbjohn22jb 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  

I was in Hawaii in the early 90's, driving a convertible (something) rental. Cop (in his little buggy) said it was to loud and spent at least 10 minutes telling me that "I don't know the law in your state, but around here if I can hear it, it's too loud." Although I only got a warning, I kept it down the rest of the night. Stupid though. Right there on the main drag in Waikiki, hookers all around, "shady" people walking in and out of alleys. I get pulled over. Ok cop, get a donut! 

"I'm only doin' this for ya because I heard that Buffalo Bob guy shoved a road flare up yer bunghole...."
Kenwwod 315s
2 Audiobahn AWI25IT
1 Audiobahn A275HCT
1 Tsunami 1.0
1 Legacy 3.0
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
out here in "paradise" (hawaii) the pos are always looking for people to pull over in waikiki that is where they get their quota's.
Quad L Handyman services
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2004 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  
Haven't gotten a ticket, but a warning and forced to reinstall a rear view mirror!! I got pulled over about a year ago, I passed a local PD car with system turned up to headache level, just being stupid, and he made a u-turn, pulling me over and walking to my truck with a rear view mirror in his hand?? Well, it turned out it was a friend of mine, as our shop installs for alot of the police around here, and I got a "warning", and he also brought the car by for me to fix what i have broken!!LOL, I made sure the PD paid for the install kit!!!!
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2004 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
lol all those are interesting :)
i always use the trick that when i see a cop driving by, i ALWAYS have my remote in my hand, i quickly put it on ATT. then when they're gone i just put it back up.   but up here in canada, well at least in sask anyways. its only illegal if you can hear it a block away.
i actually only got a warning, the cop was actually waiting for me and knew EXACTLY who i was. cause earlier in the day i was going for ice cream lol. and he was with his wife at the ice cream shop and as i was leaving i was blaring my stereo. he couldnt do sh*t to me cause he was off duty. but anyways later that day around 5 he was waiting on a corner waiting for me.
he pulled me over came up to my car and asked for the ussual. and he said the reason i pulled you over was because of your stereo, i had received 3 calls in a matter of 15 mins..i'm like thats non sense cause i just came out driving 5mins ago..i think your lieing to me. (when really i have been driving around for about 1.5hrs lol) and the cops cant do sh*t when you say something bad to them if you have the words. "i think" in it. and he just stood there and said well still though...ok fine i'm letting you off with a warning. and then he threw a hissy fit walk and walked back to his car. lol
xTimx
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2004 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

Chad7n7,

You did not have to re-install your review mirror as long as you have outside mirrors on your auto.  Yes, the po po will tell you that you need it but actually you don't.  But, since you are in Houma, you might want to chill and not be a smart azz they will find another reason to screw you over.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic