icon

audio tickets

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Thedfndent 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
    They made my buddy pop his trunk.  They wrote down all the wattage specs and everything.  Drew a picture and all.
2 12" L7's
PPI PCX-1500
4 6.5" Pioneer 4-way's
Kenwood KAC-6401
Lanzar Opti-Drive Cap
Sony CDX-F7700 Headunit
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
wtf..... lol take all the labels off and everything... man i feel sorry for the guy rolling with the lanzers in his trunk if that happens.... besides u dont have to pop ur trunk and i dont think a cop wants to wait around for a warrent... just make sureu dont have anything illegal or something in ur car
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

flatulatta, the sad thing is that he does not need a warrant...  all they have to do is say that you were acting suspicious or erratic and this gives them probable cause for a search.

osokrayzay 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
$95 on the Vegas Strip 2 RF 12 dvc about 4 years ago. I got stopped by 2 bicycle cops. If it were a cop car they would of never caught me. The strip was packed and the girls were out in full force, the music bumping, nice breeeze, no to hot, perfect night. Common to see 2-3 cars booming. Crossed over Topicana Ave. went about 100 ft passed the MGM grand and of sudden they rolled up right next to me.
    The police officer said,"PUT THE CAR PARK, TURN OFF YOUR CAR AND PLACE YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL", They placed their bikes behind my car and made the rest of the cars go around. It was already packed and they made traffic worse. He asked for my driver license and registration. Wrote up the ticker and left. I didnt asked why was i stopped. I later read the ticket nrs 123213 something something. Month later paid it all is well.
       They put a stop on sound system on the strip. You rarely hear anyone on the strip with loud sounds. They have cop cars with bicycle racks on the back. So when they are stuck in traffic they just get off and ride the bikes to where you are at.
Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
fuseblower wrote:

flatulatta, the sad thing is that he does not need a warrant...  all they have to do is say that you were acting suspicious or erratic and this gives them probable cause for a search.

Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
technically they cant search your trunk with out a warrant, unless your friend was under arrest for something else. or unless he gave the cops consent to the search. i bet this is what happened, he gave consent. they can ask, but by law they do not have the right to make you open your trunk. unless they saw the system in the back seat then plain view is another story.
flatulatta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
u still have to allow for it... im pretty sure at least.....down here i aint gotta show a po po jack w/o a warrant
flatulatta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
cuz they asked my friend and he just plain and simple told them no...he still got a ticket newayz....
sam1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
havent got a ticket for my system yet, but 5 warnings in the past 2 years=).  hella speeding tickets tho.  and i wouldnt show a pig sh!t unless he has a warrant in hand.  if hes that worried about searching my car, go get yourself a drug dog, mofo.
sam1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
oh, and with my 2nd warning that stupid ass pig turned clear around and went well out of his way just to nail me.  and then didnt even give me a ticket.  he was a d***head tho.  tried telling me that next time its a misdemeanor and id go to jail.  that was 3 warnings ago=). ha. b!tches.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic