the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start on a manual with a viper alarm??

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sador 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2002 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Jamie can you help me to override the remote start (viper)with a manual tranny
Thank You.
(If someone already have it can you email it to me I'll apreaciate!)
sdortiz@msn.com
KillKrazed 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

I also have a manual trans and a new Viper 790. I would love to have remote start on it. Can someone send me the info too?

svinyard@mail.liberty.k12.mo.us

Phatmex 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  

I guess since Jamie didn't include his email address, I'll have to jump on the me too bandwagon.

phatmex@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help dude....

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Guys,

Great idea to install automatic starters on manuals!!!!!!  You must all be engineers to have figured out that the only difference between the two is leaving the car in neutral!!!!!!!

Please do your installs soon but don't forget to send pictures of your cars as thay tried to climb walls, go for a swim in the local pools, parked under school busses, ran over your neighbors dog, put your children in wheelchairs, put on a smoke show at the local mall, joined you for breakfast in the kitchen (or basement if the window is wide enough) and other really cool snapshots. 

By the way, did you ever notice my signature?  Don't let it spook you, it'll only happen to your neighbor.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 93 Integra and I installed a VIper 550ESP  remotre start on my manual transmission car, I install a magnet switch for a safety, so it won't start up when it's accidentally on gear, It works for me, But if you don't have a safety switch, I wouldn't do it, as people say, Leaving it on neutral always doesn't work, It only takes one time for you to learn thats it's pretty dangerous, It's easy to install any alarm, and to bypass the clutch, I would let someone do it, if your not familiar with the wires of the car, and a safety remedy. 
the rookie!~
KillKrazed 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the flame Big Dog. We are only trying to solve a problem.
dereck 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
If you want to Install a RS on a manual tranny you SHOULD buy one made for manual transmission. I know ProStart makes on and it works just fine. You have to first put the car in neutral, then push in the parkbrake, push the button on the remote start, the driving lites will flash 3 times if done correctly, then you have to turn the key off , remove the keys and get out of the car (it should still be running), close the door and push the button on the remote again, the car will turn off. This tells the remote start that the car was running fine last time and will alow it to start. If you open the door, push the brake, open the hood this will cancle the remote process and you will have to do the process again. There is also a clutch bypass wire that you hook up to the cold side of the switch on the clutch to overide it when you use the RS. This does NOT overide the cluch for normal starting.
Phatmex 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Quote: Originally posted by Big Dog on December 12, 2002

Hey Guys,

Great idea to install automatic starters on manuals!!!!!!  You must all be engineers to have figured out that the only difference between the two is leaving the car in neutral!!!!!!!

Please do your installs soon but don't forget to send pictures of your cars as thay tried to climb walls, go for a swim in the local pools, parked under school busses, ran over your neighbors dog, put your children in wheelchairs, put on a smoke show at the local mall, joined you for breakfast in the kitchen (or basement if the window is wide enough) and other really cool snapshots. 

By the way, did you ever notice my signature?  Don't let it spook you, it'll only happen to your neighbor.

Nice flame dude...  Let's see, everyone is looking for info on hooking it up for a MT using some kind of safety device so that it will not do what you describe, and that deserves your response?  Way to go dude, hope you feel better about yourself now.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
At least use one of these
http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront/3df969a10045b610274dd8f5a50206b1/Product/View/NSSREMOTESTART
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2002 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
So has anyone heard from Jamie?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic