giordon tiger 686 alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ywdb 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Hi alf,
Your vehicle has immobiliser system, so if you need use remote starter, must be bypass it.
This alarm systems yellow wire no output in alarm mode.
When system is trigger, this yellow wire can be negative output.
So if you use immobiliser bypass kit, the bypass kit negative wire connect to alarm systems brown wire at 3pin connector of starter relay.
Good luck!!
alfmech 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  

hi again

i think i wasnt very clear with my frst post so i shall try to elaborate.

in my diesel ford transit i have no other security apart from the 686 i am currently installing.

i have now managed to sort the kill relay the problem was i followed the wiring diagram instead of my head the white wire from the relay needs to be on a permanent live feed.

i am however still completly stuck with the remote start function, i can arm the alarm, press the start button n the remote 2 times to activate remote start, the van starts runs for 2 seconds then stops, then it starts runs for 2 seconds and stops, it does this 6 or 7 times before quitting,

being a diesel transit i have no tach to putthe violet wire to but have read in this forum i can connect it to the altenator output i have tried this but the outcome is the same, i am finding this VERY frustrating and am getting no closer to a solution. giordon have yet to reply to my enquiry.

thanks again for the prompt reply

alf

derek123 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

First off, Test that IGN wires you are conected to are correct.

Do this by hot wiring the vehicle, with the wires you have connected your module to. ( with a  fused jumper lead, connect the Ignition(s) and accessory(s) to +12 volts and then connect the Starter wire(s) to + 12 volts. When the vehicle starts, release the starter wire..... the vehicle will stay running, the heater/ac blower motor will work, and NO check engine lights will be on the dash, if you have all the right wires.

This will show you two things. Your wires are correct, and there is no passive anti-theft on the vehicle.

If all that works fine, then you probably don't have a good tach wire, or it is not programmed to the module. Tach is measured on your DMM with  the AC scale, and the AC voltage will increase when the RPM of the engine increases ( when you step on the gas pedal). On a diesel, you should be able to use the crankshaft sensor for tach.

If not, you can always buy a 'tach generator module' and interface that with you RS module.

"giordon have yet to reply to my enquiry."  <--- sometimes you get what you pay for.

doug_sri 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

I recentally bought a Giordon G-686 alarm system which apprears to have no remote start.  I have the alarm fitted but the immobiser and central locking is causing me a problem.  Its going on a 1991 Ford Fiesta XR2i which has standard central locking.  I was wondering how gepeter used relays to get this to work, (i have 4 wires going to the lock,  RED / yellow, brown, white and yellow and alarm has 6cables to join to it.  I am going to have a go at the immobiser again today and see what happens.  Dont know if the white wire from alarm box should connect to acc sereratly or join the relay thing.  It has 2 green wires,  a yellow and a white wire.  I have a yellow and a white wire spare from the alarm box.

purevl 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
hi my name is phil im 18 and i just got a giordon 686 alarm for my car. would any one happen to hav a set of wiring diagrams that they could email me please?
phillipkoufos@hotmail.com
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic