icon

Kappa Vs. JL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
preluder14 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

I'm saving up right now for 2 12's that i'm going to be putting in the trunk of my Prelude. I want something that will pound and have good SQ. I was wondering which subs are the best in your opinion: 2 12"JL 6v2  OR  2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfects. And if you had to pick between JL, Kicker, Eclipse, Infinity, and Alpine which one has the best balance between SQ and SPL. Thanks.

Who makes good subs? i have an Eclpise powering my speakers and it sounds great.

soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

In my opinon, for the money...Alpine.  I had a couple of Type R 12's and I love them.  They pounded hard and sounded awesome!!  But, if money is not an option...I say either the kappa perfects or Eclipse.  Over those two, go with Eclipse!!  I love eclipse.  Kicker is totally SPL, most of the time not SQ.  And JL is over priced.

Hope this helps!

Soccer_aholicKappa Vs. JL -- posted image.
Keefer 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
If you really want a good sub, get an Adire Brahma, or if you don't care about price, go for the Pheonix Gold Elite...
Keefe
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
I'd pick JL over infinity but i would just buy Eclipse aluminums. These subs rock.
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
haha, yeah the brahma is amazing....so loud.  and if you buy eclipse save up and buy the titaniums (i love those subs)...but yeah, out of what you said, Alpine for your best deal.  And If not, Eclipse.  Although that Brahma will make some heads turn
Soccer_aholicKappa Vs. JL -- posted image.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
id say between the apline and the kappa perfects. for the price.. eclipse if you have the money!
Quad L Handyman services
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
i have experience with both the kappas and the type r's, and I would have to say that the Type R's souded much better, hit harder and cleaner, and louder. Just my .02
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
preluder14 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

Where can you get Brahmas? I've heard great things about them from forums all over, i've never seen one in a store, inlcuding chain stores like Best Buy and Circuit city and the smaller pro shops in my area. How much do the Brahmas run for? From all the info so far i think the eclipse titaniums are sounding pretty good. Thanks

In peoples opinions, is buying on ebay a safe choice when the seller promises it new and in box?

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Both the Eclipse aluminum and titanium will spank you with bass if necessary and have sq that Kicker can only dream about. The titaniums are a pretty penny, I would use two aluminum 12's and the proper box with the proper amp. The minute you step up for two of thes bad babies, you have to step up with the proper amp and box. It is a sizeable investment that will not let you down. I can guarantee this match. Ebay is a dumping ground for garbage. Stay away from Ebay. Eclipse is only available at an authorized dealer. They can sometimes be found on line but there is no warranty, regardless of what the seller claims. Buy from the authorized dealer and reap the rewards that they can offer.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
JL w6v2 all the way. They are a little more expensive then the kappa but i love the sound quality and given a load of power and they can handle it! they will pound to no end
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic