icon

Kappa Vs. JL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
How about 6 Eclipse aluminums 12" subs and 3 JL 1000/1s. Slap them all in their own sealed boxes and let them rip.
Keefer 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Here is where you get the Adire Brahmas, www.adireaudio.com they will run you about $350 a piece, and go up with $50 increments every 2 inches...i.e. 12" for $400, and so on... This pound, and have the greatest sound quality ever, they do require some power though, look into them, you can always get something else.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
preluder14 wrote:

Where can you get Brahmas? I've heard great things about them from forums all over, i've never seen one in a store, inlcuding chain stores like Best Buy and Circuit city and the smaller pro shops in my area. How much do the Brahmas run for? From all the info so far i think the eclipse titaniums are sounding pretty good. Thanks

You can buy them at  www.sound-foundations.us and http://www.visionaryaudio.com/ .  They are both friends of mine, and are good people.  They also offer free shipping on the subs, so that should save you money from buying direct.  Of course I would first check our dealers list to see if there is a local dealer.  Here's the link: http://www.adireaudio.com/dealers/dealers.htm

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
well considering the guy is asking about kappa vs infinity and no other subs! jeez guys!
i would definately go with the JL W6v2. and if your still not convinced with them.....go to the website and on the main page i believe is a CA&E review for these subs!
read it, i'm sure you'll be convinced after your done reading it
and if you look at the specs sheet for the sub, it even gives you the box dimensions for building a sealed and slot ported box. C'MON! you cant get any better than that!
xTimx
Steve West 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

'Sup

Yeah id go with 2 Kappa Perfects! Get at least 500w into em and they'll roar. Plus the Variable Q REALLY REALLY WORKS! Anyone that tells u different doesn't know what they're on about! It really saves space though using a smaller enclosure with a the Hi Q piece in there for a real punch Quality hitting bass.

With 2 Kappas though ya install will look da bomb, getting my enclosure mdf shape modded n decked in fake white suede, its all Pimpin

DO i really look like Britney? damn man 

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Steve West wrote:

'Sup

Yeah id go with 2 Kappa Perfects! Get at least 500w into em and they'll roar. Plus the Variable Q REALLY REALLY WORKS! Anyone that tells u different doesn't know what they're on about! It really saves space though using a smaller enclosure with a the Hi Q piece in there for a real punch Quality hitting bass.

You know, you can vary your Q on any dual voice coil driver as well.  All you do is hook one coil up to an amp, and hook the other one up to a potentiometer.  Here's a paper that describes this in detail: http://www.adireaudio.com/tech_papers/dvc_subs.htm

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
y go thru all that when u can get a sub with pole inserts that goes into the sub? a lot eaiser to do, a lot less work tooKappa Vs. JL - Page 2 -- posted image.
southsider
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with xtimx on the JL's(as long as you can aford them). Check out this review....
http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0403cae_jlaudio/
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
is there a reason why JL audio is over pricing they're poducts, i mean like c'mon! 2000$ for a pair w6v2, thats rediculous! all of they're stuff is over priced. i bet you any money if they lower the price, people would have better satisfaction and alot more people would buy them cause they already know they are good...but they're just to damn expensive!
xTimx
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't had a lot of experience trying different high end subs, but my money usually goes to Image Dynamics. I have 1 10" IDQd4 v.2 in a custom box under the rear seat of my 97 chev ext. cab getting 250W from a Xtant 121m at 2 ohms, and holy s**t!. Before they take a closer look inside everyone asks how I fit 2 12's in there with the seat still in (that's just what they assume, but then, they aren't exactly pros either).  My buddy has 2 12" IDMAX's in his '92 Regal with a 1200W Phoenix Gold amp, and man, you can't even sit in that thing when he turns it up. The MAX's run about $350 each, and the Q's you can find for about $175 or so. 
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic