icon

Too many ideas, interested?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
I didnt get a c**ky vibe from his first post. I felt he was honestly just trying to help people who are always asking for ideas of what they can do for their setup because maybe that person just doesn't have the ability to design, but the ability to build. I draw setups in my notebooks during class, and I wish I could build all of them, but I only have 1 car, so all these builds are left on paper. What he's doing is sharing whatever's on his paper.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
mross014 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Why don't you PRO's put him to the test. Quiz him or ask him for a sample of his resume.
LivnLouder by the paycheck
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
In my opinion. What he should do..instead of having people PM him he should just post his ideas in the New Ideas Forum. I mean, we all have ideas, how good they are is a matter of personal opinion. Not everyone is going to like them. And if he is trying to make money off of those ideas, this may be the wrong place to try and do it.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Too many ideas, interested? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
I dont feel that anyone should have to "prove" themselves to anyone on here. If he wants a test I am sure he could be given one but I dont think thats nessasary
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
I think yall need to chill and stop posting here if it doesnt have to do with the FIRST post. I mean sh*t.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

I'm a bit of a cynicist, and don't have the heart of Ravendarat, but tend to agree more with him than some others.  But after a search through some recent posts:

"I am a professional audio engineer of 10+ years out of Las vegas, I know LOUD personally! CHeck out our company www.avvegas.com and enjoy the looks you get as you go boom!"  Posted: April 15, 2004 at 12:27 AM - IP Logged (cmh)

...I do believe this is a little overboard self-serving.  I think reputations on this forum are built over time, and help is extended through the forum.  I have seen, on a daily basis, posters here who do web searches, make phone calls, figure out calculations, make excellent original suggestions.....just for the benefit of the anonymous person who asked for help.  And with no expectations of thanks or reward.

For what I have read over the past several months, I wouldn't hesitate to pay Ravendarat, or Sweekster, or a number of other individuals to develop a project for me...because I have seen their resumes through the free help they have given through this forum.

cmh 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
WOW, STANG IS A JERK her, I have been helping out alot and right along side of you! You have even agreed with some of my advice like on "what size port"!!
Why so much agression man? So I can only help people as they post? I AM a top notch audio engineer and never stated to be the best! I only wish I could show pictures of my work here. All I can say is WOW!! I just answered 3 PM problems as best I could (Solving 1, redirecting 1, and needing more info but telling how to do it on the 3rd) All without having to pass it by stang and others like that. Did I even ask for money?... Hel l no! And as for the notebook full of ideas and only owning 1 car... you hit it on the head bud!! I had over 16 speakers, dvd, playstation, vcr, monitors, camera, neon, etc so tricked out I spent countless hours over 3 years building it all and I got slammed into and it was all gone in 1 second!!! So I keep it simpler now, yet it all comes back out into places like this for others!! Stang grow up.Too many ideas, interested? - Page 2 -- posted image.
cmh 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
Also perhapse over time a rep here is built, but I am reputable in my profession here. That rep is what truly counts in life, the rep you build over time as you progress in your chosen profession! Not meerly 4 5 or 6 people in an online forum. Ravendarat is allright with me!! Perhapse If a quiz is made it would weed out all of the impurities that soured stang on this forum to help people who need it. And keep out all criticism that makes this site so great! In a perfect world no one would need help, all I want to do is help. Also as for my company web site it was only to build confidance in all who wanted to see if I am just BSing or if I can help.Too many ideas, interested? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Got nuttin but love my brothers... PEACE out!
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  

I always love seeing other people's creative ideas.  Do you have any pictures of some of the more custom installs you have done?  I would love to see them.  I consider myself to be pretty creative as well.  You can see some of the stuff I have worked on at my www page.

It's always nice to see professionals here willing to help. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
why do you only wish you could post your pics on here, what's stopping you?? i'd love to see them.  post them on here so we can see what a top notch audio engineer can do.
what!?!?! you want some??
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic